“Fresh, Interesting Take on Thai” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vegetarian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fresh, Interesting Take on Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is some good Thai...not your average, run-of-the-mill, greasy, pre-packaged Thai food. You can tell it's made fresh with high-quality ingredients. The recipes are new twists on old favorites. It's basically Thai food for foodies, gourmets, etc.

We had the wontons and pad Thai. The wontons were small but the dipping sauce they came in was delightful. It was delicate and light, but added to the flavor. The pad Thai was not what I was used to, but I loved it. It tasted so alive. That's the only way I can describe it. Also, the menu is not expansive, but what they do, they do it well. The price was a little higher than Thai in the Cities, but I think the freshness and quality of the food outweighs the price difference.

The decor of the restaurant is almost like your average diner, clean but not newly remodeled or anything. It's not fancy, but it's not a dive, either. And I loved how the women's bathroom had a scale in it. LOL I think it's to remind women not to eat too much. :)

The waitstaff was very attentive. Our waters were refilled promptly and many times. After I received my meal, I realized that it would be all the better with more peanuts (I love peanuts on my pad Thai). I explained my fetish to the waitress and she brought me a whole bowl. I was in heaven!

All in all, if you're looking for Thai in Duluth, this is the place for you. Well, that is if you're not addicted to the average, run-of-the-mill, processed stuff you get at a lot of places....

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Duluth, Minnesota
“Exceeds high expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pak has great fresh affordable food. (that covers it, no need to read on)

Don't be thrown off by the Thai references. They have un-Thai food also. Like the Canadian dish called Poutine. My favorite turkey sandwich and pulled pork sandwich was made there.

Everything we try has been prepared with attention to detail and tastes like it. Green curry is outstanding. Honey banana dessert, also outstanding. The lunch specials I've had were $5.95 to 7.95 and tasted like $15-25 meals. Call in an order ahead of time, if you are in a rush. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Visited July 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
“Most authentic Thai ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I eat here quite a few times a week. I was stationed in Southern Thailand for a summer and this is the most authentic Thai I have ever had across the United States. The service is incredible and they will only serve dishes that they love! If you are into Thai cuisine you will not be disappointed. It is a complete gem, and I can't wait to get over there for dinner tonight!

Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
Duluth, MN
“Pak's is a great choice in West Duluth.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Tried this place for the first time last December on Christmas Eve, when we had some errands to do in that neighborhood. Service was great, and I recall the Spring Rolls being out of this world, along with some sort of chicken dish I had. There is an excellent athletic shoe store across the street if you need another destination and the historic Denfeld High School is also not far.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Go for the food, not so much the atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Would not have stopped based on the exterior of the place but since it was highly rated decided to give it a try. The inside was very clean with a sincere attempt at decor that didn't work for me. That said, the food was excellent. A limited menu but what we had was excellent..fresh spring rolls, large and well made.. The pad thai was yummy with fresh ingredients plus enough heat in the vegetarian pepper dish for those of us needing a break from "American" cooking!

Visited June 2013