“Tourist trap....”

36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Tourist trap....”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is your typical tourist trap. Nothing of note here except maybe a bathroom break between two harbors and Duluth. On the funny side I was looking at a BBQ sauce that stated High Corn Fructose Syrup free and then in the ingredients list on the sauce what was the first ingredient? High Corn Fructose Syrup. I showed this to my wife and it got funnier. The woman working behind the desk said and I quote, "This is not some vinegar based sauce the use in Kansas City but this is yankee bbq sauce." What made this hilarious is if you know anything about BBQ. North/South Carolina is the capital of Vinegar based sauces and Kansas City is known for its barbecue sauce. It is an integral part of the Kansas City barbecue scene. The sauces found in the region are tomato-based, with sweet, spicy and tangy flavor. I would again only recommend this for a midway bathroom break between Duluth and Two Harbors....

Visited May 2014
5 Thank John T

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

On our way home from Grand Marais my husband, myself and 3 children (9,9 & 6) stopped in. Cute little place to learn done history, stretch your legs, feed some animals and have an ice cream cone. The owners are very nice and their gift shop is very reasonably priced with some unique items for sale.

2 Thank Kdkpennie
Hudson, Wisconsin
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“A childhood fave!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Every time I head North to Duluth, this is a fave spot for me and my kids. We love the little trail through the camp, feeding the trout, the goats, llamas and chickens. Then we spend some time looking for the perfect treasure in the gift shop. A North Shore must.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank lkhughes
Duluth, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“fun for kids of all ages!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Kids get a real kick out of feeding all the animals and fish in the trout pond! Lots of free roaming bunnies are a big hit too. Lots to learn about the "ild days for young and old.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mother_of_the_bride0
Minnesota
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved the nostalgia”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and i went here to check it out on a recent vacation. It was very inexpensive and the gift shop was moderately priced. The actual tour was self guided and very enlightening as to how tough it was for these guys in the logging camps of the early 1900s. The animals that insisted that you feed them were pretty endearing too (and they got a few dollars of pet chow from us) however, the food that was served at the snack bar was delicious. The lunches my husband and I had were some of the best we've ever tasted and the guy that served them was so down to earth we would go back just to visit in a heartbeat. Don't hesitate to show your kids exactly what it was like way back when in northen Minnesota. It will make then appreciate their lives a bit more. And it's worth the stop especially for such a down-home price!

Visited August 2013