“Walkway system was very cool. Otherwise, run down”

Duluth Entertainment Convention Center
Ranked #44 of 96 things to do in Duluth
More attraction details
Owner description: The DECC provides the ideal setting for meetings and conventions. It is located within walking distance to over 1,600 hotel rooms, unique shops and tempting restaurants. Panoramic views of the Aerial Lift Bridge and Lake Superior is the backdrop for our 250,000-sq.-ft. facility. We boast the second largest ballroom in the state with two convention centers. We feature our own internal Catering and Exposition Services Department to make planning your event a breeze. Ample parking with a new ramp makes it easy and accessible to downtown and for event parking at the DECC and the William A. Irvin.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I suspect that the DECC, along with the skyway and downtown Duluth were really eye-popping thirty years ago. Now, all seems very run down. The shelter would be fantastic if needing to move from hotel to the DECC for a winter convention, but I would probably pick going to a convention in someplace with nicer winter weather if I had the choice. The DECC and downtown Duluth was a nice idea, but I'd only go there again if I absolutely had to.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Nice place for an event. I was there for the Grandmas Marathon and Expo. Had plenty of room for exhibitors and plenty of places to park. Parking was $5 for all day. It is walking distance to canal park and worth the $5. I'm sure there is free parking somewhere in the city, but from what I could find everything charged more. The DECC itself is an older building and could use some remodeling especially in the bathrooms as they are very old looking. Nice place overall.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I just attended a wedding reception there. The view over the lake was breath taking. The hall was well maintained the food was good. Service was great! I would highly recommend wedding receptions there.

3  Thank CindyF764
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Attended the Boat sports and travel show and whitetail classic. It was a very well run event. no complaints at all.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Went to a live show taping of A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor. Don't think there's a bad seat in the house. Easy to find if one has entered from the East doors...just follow the yellow line on the floor!! Love the exhibits during Grandma's Marathon. Lots of parking available for a fee.