“small, smokey” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fond-du-Luth Casino

Fond-du-Luth Casino
Ranked #78 of 93 things to do in Duluth
More attraction details
Owner description: Every day there is *24 hours of excitement for adults 18+ in downtown Duluth at the Fond-du-Luth Casino. We have over 650 video slot machines, keno, video poker and blackjack with limits up to $1,000. *Christmas hours vary. We are handicap conscious. Smoke free floor!
Jackson, Michigan
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“small, smokey”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

A casino - but not much more. The smoke smell is heavy. Not a great choice of slots. Two floors. Played but didn't win anything. You have to pay for your parking and it's not reimbursed. If you are dying to play slots, it will work but if you are killing time, do it elsewhere. Staff was friendly - only good thing.

1 Thank Jackie C

Blaine, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“down town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

They have so-so in machines, you have to stay in the parking ramp next to the casino they do not pay -- you pay for parking.
This is a very small operation with the 2 floors of machines. They are growing but very slow.

Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Smoky”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

When I open the door the smell was terrible very old looking. Turned around and walked out. Would not waste my time at this place.

3 Thank Keith2479
Annandale, MN
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Walked through and left”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I thought it might be fun to check out this casino as we've never been there before. It's in down town Duluth and there is a "pay" parking ramp that we had to use right next door to the casino. Of course, we ended up on the top floor and used the elevator to get down to ground level. While riding the cruddy looking elevator I saw signs saying: "No loitering or sleeping in stair wells" This should have been our first clue to turn and run. Well, we forged ahead and went to the main entrance of the casino. We opened the door and there sits a security guy talking with some one and were looking at where to go and all we see is "Use Other Door" What other door! Where do we go? We couldn't tell at all where to go and then he piped up and said "Right here" He pushed a button, I guess, and like Star Trek, the masked doors quickly slid open and we now could see the inside of the casino. We enter hoping to find a sit down restaurant inside. We saw nothing for eating but there is a second floor so lets go look upstairs and check it out. We walked our way through the stuffy and smoky air and rode the escalator upstairs but food wasn't going to happen. Hmmmm, as I look around I notice the casino cashier area and the walls behind are plastered with signs. "CHECK CASHING" "Cash Your Checks Here" and things like that. It reminded me of a pawn shop or Pay Day cash checking service for the less fortunate people. The way this place looked is not what we expected. This place didn't look very classy at all. It's not what one might expect when going to a casino. It seemed unclean or maybe run down? The atmosphere there didn't look fun. I'm not sure, all I know is that I didn't care for it. The other area casino's are way better looking and feel much more comfortable and classy than this one. We looked at each other and said "we're out of here" and we left. We didn't spend a dime there. We went outside to the parking ramp and got back into the cruddy elevator and don't worry, we didn't loiter, got to our car, drove down the ramp, paid our buck to the ramp attendant, and see Ya! Yes, it cost us a dollar to learn that this attraction is was a dud. We just didn't feel comfortable. They won't see us again!

11 Thank 106Sparky110
Duluth, Minnesota
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awful, go somewhere else.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

It's not very clean. It has a really shady crowd. Very small. I would never go here again, try other entertainment downtown or the casino south of town on I-35.

Visited March 2013