“roses and fall colors are beautiful!”

Leif Erickson Park & Rose Garden
Ranked #6 of 95 things to do in Duluth
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stopped here for a picnic lunch last year and it was soooo beautiful! We ate sandwiches under the gazebo, watched ships in the harbor and saw some of the most beatiful roses ever!! The fall colors were at their peak, and was one of the prettiest sights ive ever seen. Spend some time strolling through the gardens, i would recommend fall b/c the colors are so dramatic. Would be an amazing spot for a wedding or family pictures! My kids loved it!

1  Thank mngirl81
"taking pictures"
"walking trails"
"walk around"
in 7 reviews
"great view of the lake"
"shores of lake"
"peonies"
"benches"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I happened to stumble across Leif Erickson Park & Rose Garden as we drove through dowtown Duluth. We parked the car and lesiurely strolled through the gardens, stopping every so often to teka it all in or to sit on the chair-benches or to check out the white gilded gazebo. I recommend it to everyone it was so serene and beautiful.the day we visited being 70 degrees and sunny! Absolutely wonderful day!!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stopped here on our last day of vacation. Great ending to a great vacation. Beautiful roses with a fantastic view of Lake Superior.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I drove by here for years, and finally stopped. Peaceful spot, with great views, and possibly a few homeless people

See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My wife and I did a two week tour of several cities in Minnesota, including Grand Marais, Duluth & Hibbing. We were up there to escape the Florida heat and didn't really know what we were going to do, but turned out to have a really great vacation. Please see my other posts regarding lodging, meals, etc. if you are interested in a similar trip.

We walked to the Rose Garden from our B&B. It was very nice and well manicured. I'm not really into gardening or flowers, so that's the extent of my review, but my wife enjoyed it and we got some nice pictures. It's not a huge place so don't plan on walking around for an hour. Easy access to downtown or the Lakeshore boardwalk from here.

2  Thank UF_RX_1999