South Pier Inn on the Canal
$89
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$135
$239
Hampton.com
$105
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Park Point Marina Inn(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$209
$203
$138
$100
Official Hotel
$210
$176
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

The Suites Hotel in Canal Park(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$165
$229
$209
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

All reviewslift bridgepanoramic suiteacross the bridgehot tub and fireplacecontinental breakfasthuge shipsships passingshort walkplace to staydvd playerview of the waterliving roomdonutsprivate balconyyogurtfantastic locationmini fridge
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I am almost afraid to write this review because I would love to keep South Pier to myself. My sisiter and I were in Duluth for a quick overnight trip and decided to stay at the South Pier. I was so pleasantly suprised. Our room was fresh and clean and very comfortable. We had terrific views of the harbor and the lights of the city up the hill.
In the morning I got to see the lift bridge in operation close up and watched as an ore ship came into the harbor. Very Impressive.
I had my coffee with Betty the owner and Jamie at the desk. Everyone could not be more friendly. We were in walking distance to shops and good places to eat. Not to mention the fact that it is close to all of the lake walking trails. I honestly can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbbeyD07
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed here November 25-27, 2011 during a weekend getaway to the Twin Ports. We were greeted by friendly desk staff, provided with a clean, comfortable room, and locally baked snacks available anytime. We had a canal view room located right at the base of the Arrowhead Bridge in Duluth, and were treated to ships passing through the canal and under the bridge not 100' from our balcony. The room was large (1 bedroom suite) and clean, and after and evening in the cool night air, it was great to come back at night and sip some wine while enjoying a soak in the 2 person jet tub in front of the fireplace.

The breakfast included with the room consisted of fresh baking from a local bakery, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, and coffee. It was very nice, and my only issue with it was the lack of a protein option such as peanut butter or boiled eggs.

All things considered, we had a very relaxing weekend here and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We liked the canal view room as it provided an excellent view of the lift bridge and the Duluth waterfront. The 1 bedroom whirlpool suite was well worth the $179 we paid.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I have stayed herer at least twice per year ever since it opened. We generally go off-season, on a Sunday night, so we get a good rate. Coupons are usually available for around $109 for the one-room waterfront suite, which has a hot tub and fireplace and unbelievable views of the city and canal or harbor.

The "suites" are on the smaller side and sparsely furnished, but clean and quiet - we love it.

We stayed there a few days ago, and to our surpirise, the Christmas light display across the harbor was all lit up for a trial run. It's called Bentleyville and we couldn't believe how cool it was. The photo that I took from the balcony isn't very clear, as I used my phone to snap it, but it was living the life to lie back in the bubbling whirlpool and look at Lake Superior and the fun holiday lights.

Room Tip: Just don't get the balcony guest room. Cheaper but no view. Why stay here if not for the view?
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We love staying at this hotel when we are in Duluth. We have brought many friends here and they can talk about nothing else. We love being able to see the big boats up close and personal 24/7. You can't get a better view of the big boats at any other hotel in Duluth. Hotel is very comfortable, clean and they have great coffee.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the canal.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Loved our one-room waterfront suite in this unique location! Being right at the foot of Duluth's landmark Aerial Lift Bridge, and only steps away for the Maritime Visitors Center and Canal Park restaurants and shopping, made this perfect location for our two-night stay. We actually were able to watch ships going through the canal from the comfort of our whirlpool bath. Breakfast was typical donuts, sweet rolls and muffins, and the coffee was good enough that we bought some to take home with us. It's also nice to have DVDs available to enjoy in the room in case the shipping traffic, fireplace and whirlpool aren't enough to keep you entertained!

Room Tip: The canal-side rooms that offer ring-side seats for watching shipping traffic moving into Duluth Harbor are outstanding.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple