“We love this place!”

Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
moorhead
“We love this place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I have been staying here at least once a year. We LOVE it. If you need anything they are always willing to help. The staff is very helpful with any information they know about what is going on in town. The hotel itself is great! The rooms give a feeling of home. Very clean. The top deck patio is GREAT. You can see the lake very well and watch ships from there. The location is wonderful. Walking distance to the lakewalk, short drive to canal park, and wonderful shopping within blocks.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank sweetmommakitty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We where just there july 25 thru the 26th just a great place to stay. It was centrally located to everything downton and the owner took pride in taking good car of us. The hotel is retro very clean, and the hotel parking was just super from our floor. The walk out deck was great to look at the lake, best view in the city. Loved to have stayed longer but had to go back to work. My buddy had set this up for us, and the price was right compared to all the stuff arouind us. looking forward to another trip up and eating breakfast at MIKES but pleanty of food to eat. BIGDADDY AND THE LITTLE WOMAN, oh and the kig size bed was great with plenty of closet space.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary p
Red Wing, Minnesota
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband, myself & our 2 teenage sons stayed in room 205 for a one night business trip. Supposedly NON-SMOKING! We are NOT AGAINST SMOKERS BUT...we do NOT smoke and we could hardly breath because EVERYTHING ABSOLUTELY REEKED OF CIGARETTE SMOKE!!! BEDDING, CARPET, DRAPES, ETC. Needless to say we did NOT SLEEP!! And had a 4 1/2 hour drive home. It cost us $140.00 for one night to NOT sleep in an ashtray in 2 tiny dbl beds!!! It was AWFUL!!! Never again!!

Room Tip: Choose ANOTHER place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank M E

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels

Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed overnight in a first floor non-smoking room. The room reeked of cigarette smoke including the beds, pillows and bedding. It was not a good experience.
I have stayed at the Voyageur many times in the past and love the location, the rooms have always been adequate, the owners are very friendly and helpful. I think they are in the process of updating their rooms.
I hate to give a poor review since my past experiences here have always been good. I would return to the hotel but would get clarification about the room.

Room Tip: Check if non-smoking rooms have been redone and furniture replaced.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pip18Wisconsin
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Let me begin this review by stating that I prefer lodging with character as apposed cookie cutter hotel chains. Prior to my stay here, I had spent the week at a turn of the century Train Station Remodeled into a Marriott. Regardless of that prior week, I have traveled across most all of North America and found that good management and pride of ownership will always trump age. However if you are a real estate developer... the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn is a profiteers dream waiting to happen. What I mean by that is... this is the worst house on the best block.

Was the room priced right? Yes.
Was the room in a terrific location? Yes.
Was the room clean? Pretty Much,
Did the Toilet work? Not really.
Was the decor relative to this point in time? Hell No!

There was a Sheraton directly behind us, and if the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn updated their rooms and was $15 cheaper, it would kill the competition.

Long story short... Down Pillow Tops, Comforters, & Pillows are a cheap investment to make a decent motel into a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Spencer L
Mpls
Reviewed April 20, 2014

There is a bit of history with this place and myself. I'm a 2nd generation regular when it come to the Voyageur. Most likely for the same reasons. It's a affordable place that is within walking distance many great options for both drink & dining. And let us face the simple facts of life when traveling, If you can get clean sheets, a hot shower, and a comfortable bed, and still be able to afford a decent meal within walking distance of said place of lodging, it ain't a bad thing. And when you're trying to get the most of your vacation dollar, it's not a bad idea to keep places like this in mind. Besides if all you really want is a place to sleep at the end of the evening , why pay for stuff you're never going to use? Think about it sometime.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank sconehunter
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We needed a convenient motel for a 5 day stay. This isn't the fanciest but very clean and comfortable. We've dealt with only one staff member + she's been wonderful! Thinks of any little thing to make it a nicer stay. I wish I'd caught her name
She's suggested reasonably priced restaurants, offered additional pillows and generally been very sweet

Stayed March 2014