“nice find in old Duluth”

Voyageur Lakewalk Inn
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed August 25, 2011

good value stay in downtown duluth. Nice room, comfy bed, great shower that reminded me a little of my grandma's house. great water pressure as well! The office area and administration was a little shabby looking, but the price was right and the place was very clean. within walking distance of most everything you'd want to see in duluth.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank scooterboy1

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We arrived on A Saturday and we were greeted at the front desk and a huge smile. We checked into our room and it was a wonderful room. Very clean and the view was wonderful .They have 2 roof patios with tabels and chairs and on one of them is a big grill( which we used) We meant some of the guests and everyone was so friendly . I can not say enough about the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn and the owner was great. We are planning another visit in November and can't wait. I WOULD TRULY SAY THIS IS THE BEST PLACE TO STAY ! Thank You again to the wonderful staff and Management.

Connie and Brad

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sweetpea1951
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The location is in downtown Duluth, which provided access to local stores, boutiques, restaurants, public transportation, & Lake Superior, of all things! The motel is very reasonably priced. The staff made my daughters and myself feel welcome. This motel is for the person or people that are traveling for the experience of the city of Duluth, MN. I would recommended this motel to friends & colleagues and I will continue to be a loyal, returning customer. Came to Duluth in the middle of the week. Also am a AAA member.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank rd5rjs
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I would recommend this motel to anyone. A year ago, last December, my boyfriend ended up in the hospital for over a month. This was my second home. Everyone there was so caring. There is no other place I would stay. I saw no drug deals or prostitutes.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank srock313
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here with several friends during the airshow in July. Our room was old and gross and there were door mats stragetically placed around our bed to hide various stains. Nasty. It served the purpose of a place to sleep but I wouldn't pick it again.

They have a great patio to sit on and enjoy a drink or two. We grabbed a growler from Fitger's Brewery and watched the ships come in. The location is pretty good too - you aren't right on Canal Park but can easily walk there via the boardwalk in 10 - 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank bornintheusa_10
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed in late August for 2 nights over a weekend.The staff was very helpful.The motel was perfect for our needs.We stayed on the second floor with a view of the lake,room was clean with everything you need,a bed,coffemaker,TV and small refrigerator.Bathroom was really small but fine for us.View from the 2 outdoor roof decks is wonderful,you can sit there later at night,we sat out on the one till after midnight.Access to downtown is perfect,one block down you can cross to the Lakewalk which you can take all the way down to Canal Park.Fitgers is one block away,Fond Du Luth casino is two blocks away.We walked the downtown streets at night and it was very safe with an eclectic mix of people but everyone minding their own business.
This hotel is for the budget traveler,the cost is $150 LESS a night than the hotels on Canal Park.If pillow top matresses,hotel "happy hours" and big continental breakfasts are important to you than this is not the hotel for you.This hotel is a place to sleep at night,shower,make some coffee and grab a donut when you leave in the morning to explore all Duluth has to offer and at the end of the day relax on the rooftop deck and watch the lake and the ships.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kleahmar
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I stayed over labor day weekend for weekend getaway as ky husband was goose hunting (I'm a 24 yr old female) I say this because I felt completely safe staying there. Its located literally close to a hospital there is always police officers patrolling lots of families were staying there, I saw not one person who looked like a prostitute or a druggy. Anyways about my stay my room was the piney wood whirlpool room (room 203) absolutely lovely for the money, what a view it had of superior!! The staff was so helpful of places that I wanted to visit or simple directions even housekeeping made absolutely sure I did not need even an extra washcloth! ( I was asked a few times about anything I needed anything at all!) My room was spotless and so was the service I will be a continuing customer. I just wanted to make sure they got credit when I think credit was definately due for them!!

• Stayed: September 2010