“A warm welcome from the cold”

Dubh Linn Irish Brew Pub
Ranked #30 of 258 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We offer made-from-scratch food using local ingredients when possible. We brew beer in our boutique nano-brewery and have the largest selection of Whiskey in Minnesota. We feature national comedy on Saturdays and live music during dinner. We hope you will visit us soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A warm welcome from the cold”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I entered the Dubh Linn after spending a couple of hours out in the wind & rain. The entrance is very disarming, you pull the outer door expecting to enter a small coffee shop, but when you pass through the inner doors - you find yourself in a land of soaring ceilings, mellow lighting and full size flags hanging from the rafters. The main bar is huge but whether it’s a cozy booth, a small table or a gathering of friends & family they seem to have just the spot. I was there on a Saturday afternoon; college football was on the many TV’s that were hung on the walls. There are pool tables, scuffle boards & video games to keep both kids and adults amused. I can’t say much about the menu. I was attending a gathering that included a buffet but what I did have was very good. The drinks are reasonably priced and the staff attentive. My kids had such a good time that they want to make it a tradition to visit the Dubh Linn every time we are in Duluth.

• Visited October 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“YUM!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went there for the first time expecting it to be too loud, but the environment was nice. The service was amazing, and the food was even better!

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Spooner, Wisconsin
“Nice staff”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Went for a couple of drinks before dinner at another establishment. It was two couples and we were waited on well, it seemed all the bartenders wanted to take care of us and we felt like their buddies instead of patrons. I would go back because they staff obviously cares that their guests have a good time.

• Visited September 2013
Minnesota
“I should probably try it again...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I ate here in August based on trip advisor reviews. It was so-so. They were out of one of the house specialties and the shepherds pie my wife ordered instead was seriously just so-so. I had the olive burger and it was very, very good! My son also had a burger and his was overcooked.....maybe my hopes were just set too high. I will give it honest shake and go back next time in town. Our server was allover the place, but adequate.

I will say that there beer and scotch/irish whiskey menu was very impressive. Just fun to look at and think of the guy who orders a $100 glass of single malt :)

• Visited August 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grooom's Dinner Party”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in town for my son and new daughter’s wedding and had the groom's dinner at Dublin pub. We chose the pub because my wife and I are both Irish and we thought it would be a little different. We had an appetizer sampler that was suggested to us by management. We had spinach artichoke dip, a beef and blue cheese finger food, rib tips and veggies and dip for starters. For dinner we had Shepherds pie corn beef and cabbage and fried fish. Great food and the staff did a nice job with a big group. The food came to $20 a head, which I feel like was a reasonable price, but now that I think about it, it's weird that if we would have just ordered the same food off the menu I think it would have been cheaper I think. We had the back room for most of the evening and then as the party shrunk we went out for drinks at the bar. They had a huge selection of liquor and beer to choose from Including quite a few things I've never seen before. I am a bourbon guy, and while they had a good selection, I didn't really see anything exotic (I take a star away for that!). Very nice experience though!

• Visited August 2013