“What a beautiful drive.”

Ranked #1 of 95 things to do in Duluth
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My first time visiting the Duluth area my friend immediately made us take a drive on the North Shore Scenic Drive. I must admit it was breathtaking and I wanted more. We drove all the way to Emilys Lighthouse where we had lunch and then we drove back during the twilight hours which I can say is an experience in its own right.

If you are traveling to Duluth it is a must to drive on regardless of snow on the ground. If you do not believe me see this pictures for yourself.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Beautiful drive all the way up to Grand Marais. Make sure to eat at the New Scenic Cafe which is about a 20 minute drive out of Duluth.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Pretty Drive in the Fall, Winter or Summer! Must stop at Brighten Beach and Gooseberry Falls for additional scenary. Bring your camera!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went after Duluth almost got destoyed by the flash rain fall they had this summer. Of course Jay Cook state park is out of commision for who knows how long. But yes to see the wonderful fall colors reflected in lake superior is one of the great road trips to take.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been on this entire north shore many many times-camped with little babies and all the way through the teens and they all like it. The state parks are all great and in Fall the colors are the best I've seen-one hill after another just all gold,red, orange and the Superior Hiking Trail is easy to hop on and off of depending how long you want to hike, Go farther up the north shore because it gets better and the beaches are great for kids to run around on and wear themselves out with climbing and skipping stones. If you are on a tight money budget like we were and took 5 kids camping up there and stayed in the state parks it's the best deal around. You don't have to spend extra money after you camp fee and state park fee if you don't want to because enough to do that's fee-it's called nature!