“Room with a View!”

The Inn On Lake Superior
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We came for a family trip and chose our room type because when in Duluth you must have Lakeview! The room was clean, modern, and spacious. The room has a fridge, microwave, and a balcony with seating. The staff are very friendly and catering. We enjoyed our stay at the Inn!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Denise M,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time here, and hope you will let us know how we can earn that 5th star from you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Inn On Lake Superior

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Inn used to be our Hotel of choice wihen visiting Duluth from Thunder Bay. Well situated in Canal Park and close to restaurants, boutique shopping, nightlife and a quick drive up to Miller Hill or over to Superior.

We stopped staying at the Inn for the last 18 months as the lobby and breakfast area was tired and we always had issues with wifi. We opted to stay with them this past weekend after seeing the photos on Facebook of their recent lobby renovations. What a difference six months of retrofitting can make!

The lobby is beautiful, the breakfast area completely re-done and the layout much improved. The wifi has either been upgraded or they've installed additional access points as we didn't have any issues.

Very family friendly, this is a great hotel for a group of families, also well suited for younger folks looking for nightlife, the hotel is slightly closer to bars and restaurants than the Canal Park Lodge.

Room Tip: A bridge view room is great! You can see the aerial lift bridge and boats coming into the harbor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank digerati
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear digerati,

Thanks so much for coming back to stay with us again on your recent visit to Duluth. We are very proud of our renovations and I'm glad you like the improvements we've made. I hope you will continue to let us serve you when you are in town.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family recently stayed in Duluth for 2 nights. One night at a hotel in downtown Duluth (we were there for a wedding) and the next night we stayed down in Canal Park at The Inn on Lake Superior. The staff went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed, the live outdoor entertainment while you play bean bag toss or roast s'mores made you feel like you were at your own cabin. And the awesome location to the water was the cherry on the top! We'll definately be back...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Chrissy G,

Thanks for staying with us with your family after the wedding you attended downtown. Of course we want all our guests to have the same excellent experience that you had, and I'm glad we exceeded your expectations. I'm happy to hear you'll be back and look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

At this Canal Park inn, you get first-class accommodations and the most awesome views of Lake Superior and Duluth Harbor. From the moment you walk into the lobby, you feel the gracious ambience of a continental hotel, yet you also feel the comforts of being at home. The Inn is my favorite place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear YoMoKnows,

Thanks so much for making your very first TA review about us, and for making it such a nice one. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are happy to hear that you'll be staying with us again. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I rode motorcycle to Duluth to see the sights and visit friends We had stayed at the Inn on Superior once before, shortly after it was built. We loved the room, location and the friendly staff and decided to stay again if we got back this way. We were not disappointed upon our return. We found that the motel was newly remodeled. Check in was a breeze, even with the high volume of people checking in at the time of our arrival. The staff was very friendly efficient and quick to answer questions we had. Our ground floor, lakeside, King Jacuzzi room was clean, with plenty of towels and amenities. The pillow top king size bed was very comfortable and had five pillows of differing firmness, so I had no problem finding one to my liking. I've resorted to using my rolled up leather jacket as a pillow, at some of the places I've stayed at. Not here! The complimentary sodas and bottled water in the fridge was a nice touch, not to mention the binoculars that were provided with the room, to be used for viewing during our stay. My fellow motorcycle riders should be happy to know that there is a low traffic area near the front entrance just for motorcycle parking. They even have rings imbedded into the parking lot for extra security of the motorcycle. Not that its needed in this neighborhood. The Inn even provides free use of bicycles for their guests, should they be so inclined.
The cost of the room, this time of year is pricy, but I have paid way more for a heck of a lot less at other places. There is a lot to see and do, all within walking distance, so you can't beat the convenience, and the view from the lakeside rooms is fantastic! The breakfast was as good as any, with plenty of options to chose from. Fresh fruit, baked goods, scrambled eggs & link sausage & lots of other choices as well. The only fault that I can think of was that of my own, I forgot to request a fan for my wife, when I made the reservation and they were all spoken for when we got there. Dang hot flashes!
Anyway, we both both enjoyed our stay - she slept nearest the air conditioner. We'll be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NDfrmboy
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear NDfrmboy,

Thank you very much for remembering us and then taking the time to write and post your detailed review about your recent stay here. Guest safety and comfort are our top priorities, and we take the responsibility for both very seriously. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you on a future trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Inn twice now, and most recently was this past June. The hotel lobby and most of the rooms have been remodeled. I was very impressed with the new design and décor. We requested a lake view room and it did not disappoint. I was traveling with a female friend and our daughters who were celebrating turning 12. I made a notation of this on the reservation and when we got to our room, there was sparkling cider, champagne glasses and a treat bag awaiting the girls along with a note wishing them a very happy birthday! We were so impressed. The FREE breakfast is very nice with many choices. But the best part is the lakeside view and the smores every night! I love the location right in Canal Park. This hotel is close to all the great shops and restaurants and there are so many great activities. Do not miss the rooftop pool...heated!! And they even offer FREE bicycles! This is my hotel of choice forever...each time I head to the North Shore!! A wonderful place!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view! Visit the roof top pool at night, and take a bike for a spin on the boardwa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear lkhuges,

Thanks for coming back to us for the girls' 12th birthday celebrations! We want to create long lasting pleasant memories for all our guests, and I'm glad we made you all happy. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again on future visits.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The nightly s'more bar was a great idea. It's a fantastic hotel for both couples and families.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn On Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Coolerthanlegos,

Thanks for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and hope you will let us serve you again soon.