I travel quite frequently and usually stay at Country Inns. This particular time I was traveling with my pets (2 cats - completely declawed and in a cage and my dog). I called the hotel more than a week before my stay to make sure they were pet-friendly. I specifically told the guest services representative the number and type of animals I would be bringing. She didn't say a word and just told me I would be charged a $25 fee for the pets. I accepted and booked the room. When I arrived, she took out my reservation and I reminded her that it was for a pet-friendly room, which she acted unaware of. She gave me a standard list of rules for pet rooms for me to sign. As I was reading it, I noticed it specifically said cats were not allowed. I reminded her that I had 2 cats. Before I even finished my sentence, she had whipped the paper out of my hand and promptly told me I would not be allowed to stay. I was shocked at her bluntness and continued to remind her that I was told on the phone that it wasn't a problem. Turns out she was the exact person I had booked my reservation with and was denying any such thing was said. I became increasingly unimpressed with her rudeness, considering I had just traveled 10 hours with 3 pets and now had nowhere to stay. Having worked in a hotel for 3 years myself, I understand these types of problems. However, she did nothing to try and resolve it. I finally asked her if she could at least tell me where I could go that would accept pets. She disappeared for a few minutes and while I was waiting I looked around and saw groups of kids (10-14 years olds) running around the lobby and making noise (this was at 9 in the evening). I didn't understand how my 2 cats in their cage would be any more of a bother than this nonsense happening in the lobby. I also didn't understand why I got treated the way I did, while these kids had free reign of the hotel. I used to love Country Inns and their hospitality, but after this experience, I will stay elsewhere. I ended up at a competitor down the street and luckily grabbed one of their very last rooms. The front desk representative there was completely understanding and actually cheered me up from my bad experience at Country Inn and Suites Duluth South.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotels in Duluth, MN are close to great destinations, but our Duluth hotel has guests nestled minutes from the excitement of Spirit Mountain Ski Area and Adventure Park. Whether you're here for recreation at Canal Park or an event at Amsoil Arena DECC, staying at the right Proctor hotel can make all the difference. Our location and proximity to Spirit Mountain, downtown Duluth, Canal Park and many outdoor activities makes us a favorite. Our free, hot deluxe breakfast ensures you're ready to take on any adventure. Of course, no stay is complete without excellent customer service and cleanliness, as well as high-speed Internet, a business center, well-equipped fitness center and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Spirit Mountain Duluth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Duluth South
- Country Inn & Suites Duluth South Hotel Duluth
- Country Inn Proctor
- Proctor Country Inn