“worse place!”
Review of Motel 6 Duluth

Motel 6 Duluth
Ranked #30 of 31 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed September 28, 2008

we stayed there 2 days ago. it costed us 182.00 for 2 nights, people were complaining when we were trying to sign in, one person said they didn't have toilet paper, and the other one said the room was not made, towels were everywhere, we have no where else to go so we stayed, our room was okay. the beds were hard, not soft pillows, no "do not disturb sign", no alarm clock or radio, the toliet seemed to have a leak, every 20 mins , water would be on the floor. no shampoo or conditioner, they gave us towels, 2 bars of soap thats about it. very small bathroom. the sink wasn't in the bathroom, the bed's smelled like they werent clean, and they were itchy. dont stay here! it isnt worth the money, and they dont have free wi-fi like they promise.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2008

I have stayed here on multiple occasions, including an extended stint when it was either Motel 6 or my car. Being homeless sucks. Anyway, the most recent visit came out of a need to watch the Academy Awards and not having a TV at home, so I checked into the Old Faithful Motel 6 so I could smoke cigarettes and watch the broadcast. The front desk staff was somewhat aloof, but I'm sure they thought I was weird for staying at the Motel 6 and writing down a Duluth address. They may have even recognized me as that crazy girl who used to stay there all the time.

There was only one thing that irked me--checkout time is noon. I was gathering my things at 12:01 and the phone rang. It was the front desk, basically telling me to hit the road. I thought that was tacky, and totally unnecessary. Granted, that's not enough to keep me away entirely, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank monjaloca
Reviewed January 15, 2008

It never ceases to amaze me when people lambast the budget motels, especially Motel 6. What exactly did you think you were going to get for your $32 room rate?
My wife and I along with two other couples have stayed at the Duluth Motel 6 for a weekend getaway the past 3 years. Sometimes the rooms are great, and sometimes they're average. I can truthfully say we've (or our freinds) have never gotten a room that's filthy, and everything usually works.
For our first couple of stays we called the property direct for reservations, and recieved good, friendly service and rates. This year (2008) after calling, they were unwilling to quote a better rate than what was available on the internet. Now that's too bad, and would indicate that nobody on site takes a real interest in their job, or they don't have the permission of the bosses to make an intelligent decision.

Ok, I booked all three of our rooms on line, got the best rate, checked in with no problems, and the people at the desk were friendly and helpful. Is there more I should be expecting?

Heat worked, shower worked, we had towels, and paid not an unreasonable sum for all.

Also had a great time meeting our friends for the weekend. Will do it again next January, probably returning to the Motel 6.

In case you've missed my other reviews. Restaurants we like include Grandmas in West Duluth, Hammond Steak House in Superior, and most definitely the Sunshine Cafe in Wwest Duluth for a great breakfast. Used to frequent the Timberlodge, but they seem to have gone hill of late. (And across the chain as a whole)
New restaurant in Canal Park (H---'s Kitchen,) but we didn't get there.

Fast food and sit-down restaurants close by, as well as fuel for your vehicle.
tptr

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank tptr
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The motel is very dirty. the bed was itchy and then I found out it had bed bugs one week ago. I asked for another room and was told that they could not move me do to being under staffed. I will never go back I would have had a better nights sleep in the car. Next time I go to Duluth I will stay some where else.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank moon001star
Reviewed October 27, 2007

This hotel costs $32.99/night on the internet when I stayed on 10/27/2007. This hotel is cheap, and the reason I stayed here, but I would probably pay a little more next time. Here is the scoop.

The motel is very plain; no exercise room or pool. the only extra appeared to be a laundry room.

The room TV is a only a '13 analog. However, they do have a decent selection of channels.

This Motel 6 does not have internet access. There is also no wireless internet access to a nearby business, at least not on the south side facing Burger King and Holiday.

The motel has a dirty feel to it because it is in an industrial part of Duluth and they have a pet friendly policy.

The showers are squeaky and grimy looking, so bring your own flip-flops My bedding had cigarette burn marks and felt very itchy, so I had a hard time sleeping.

If you do stay at Motel 6 Duluth I would recommend that you bring your own alarm clock, bedding, and toilettes. If you forget toilettes, you can purchase them in a vending machine near the front desk.

Happy Travels

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank ezyd23
Reviewed October 12, 2007

The woman at the front desk was rude. My group was not allowed to check in until after 4 p.m. after waiting around for about an hour. This made us late for the our engagement that afternoon.
Later, we found out one of the beds did not have sheets. When a call was placed to the front desk the employee was very rude.
The comforters were very dirty. I was afraid of bed bugs. All for over $90 a room.
If you have to spend more money somewhere else, do it. This was the worst hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank 1CoolDude
Reviewed December 3, 2006

Got into town late at night and didn't want to spend a lot for a short evening's sleep. We were planning to find another hotel the next night anyway to be closer to family. My friend has stayed at Motel 6 chains across the country and wanted to head to this one. When we pulled into the parking lot, there were two police cars there. As we walked into the lobby, a cop walked out to one of the cars. So I felt a little nervous about staying there. It's not the most picturesque location, and I didn't know anything about the neighborhood it's in. But we stayed anyway since we weren't going to be there long.

The only room we could get was a smoking room, and it sure did smell like it. Towels were as thin and rough as possible. No alarm clock, as someone else has mentioned. I noticed some of the doors to other rooms looked in rough shape as I walked down the hall (like bent back from the frame). We didn't have any problems though, and it was quiet where we were. Room was basically clean, other than the smoke smell. I don't need the Ritz (and can't afford it), but this is pretty darn basic. Ok for a crashing a few hours on the road, but I hope to never have to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank bad_driver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duluth
The Downtown Duluth Inn
Super 8 Superior WI
Super 8 Superior WI
#2 of 9 in Superior
Radisson Hotel Duluth - Harborview

Been to Motel 6 Duluth? Share your experiences!