“Business in Duluth”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Lorain, United States
“Business in Duluth”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel and the ease of getting from it to other locations around the city. There are many good value restaurants that are within walking distance. The views of the lake front and city are very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a great weekend! The hotel is always so helpful and gets us anything we need. It was nice to see the Hockey teams up there again. We go up each Nov. to celebrate my birthday and great it was. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice place to stay when visiting Duluth. The hotel is close to a number of restaurants and bars and within walking distance. The staff is friendly and I usually get upgraded during the slower parts of the year. The pool area is nice and the view of Lake Superior is perfect.

Only negative...can be a little noisy due to thinner walls. Definitely not a deal breaker. Give this place a try.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rossford, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Spent a lot of time in pool which was very clean and accesible. The breakfast was god and ready on time. The hotel was very clean. It is also very quiet. I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Hampton Inn Duluth. It's in a great location near shops, restaurants, and tourist attractions. The lobby was being renovated, but the hotel was still quite nice. We would stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Usually the Hampton Inn name would indicate a bit nicer hotel than your average hotel. That is what this hotel is - Very Average. Nothing too much to complain about besides the person in the room above me who I could clearly hear stomping around. The lobby was going through renovations and most of it was blocked off, but from what I could tell overall it was a very average hotel. I was a bit surprised since the rate that I paid seemed to be more than the average hotel stay and it was off season for the Duluth area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lorri D, Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your time and opinions. I do apologize for the remodeling being done during your recent stay. With our solarium and breakfast area undergoing updating it is a bit hard to get the full affect of staying on the lake. I can assure you our rates are comparable to the other area hotels in the Canal Park area. We do our best to stay competitive. I hope you will return once the remodel is finished and see our new look. I can tell you I am very excited by the updates they have done so far and can't wait to see the finished product.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Great service. Nothing really knocked my socks off about the joint. I mean, It's just another Hampton Inn, every one I've stayed in seemed like a mirror image of the last, except the Bemidji, MN one, which was a gem. Our main reason for staying was a pile of Hilton Honors points I've been sitting on. The location is not bad at all though, close to plenty of bars and restaurants, and even a few small shops if that's your thing. Go in with average expectations and you'll be just fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends