“Perfect weekend get away hotel”
Review of Hampton Inn Duluth

Hampton Inn Duluth
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Saint Michael, Minnesota
“Perfect weekend get away hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business and a few for personal family travel. We love the location of the hotel, because it is right on Canal Park with many food and drink options within safe walking distance. The View is beautiful over the harbor, hotel staff, breakfast staff and overall experience are wonderful.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a lake view room to enjoy the harbor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Hampton Inn at Canal Park in Duluth for a winter weekend getaway. When we first arrived, we all noticed that the lobby and hallways smelled of stale cigarettes. The carpets were dingy and outdated. The rooms were small, but not uncomfortably so. One thing we all found particularly tacky, was a post-it note stuck on each bed's headboard telling us that the duvet cover was clean.

The room was equipped with a nice TV, a microwave, mini fridge, hair dryer, and a clock radio (the radio on it did not work).

The toiletries provided were much smaller than most hotels provide and were "Purity" brand.

Two positive things I can say about the room was that the beds were very soft and comfortable and the curtains provided total black out, which was nice.

In the morning, the hotel offered a continental breakfast, which was lackluster. Under cooked bacon, mini omelettes, make your own waffles, runny oatmeal, and small boxes of cereal were the bulk of what was available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Lorri D, Manager at Hampton Inn Duluth, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was sorry to hear the lobby and breakfast did not meet your satisifaction. Our hotel is completely smoke free and we do our best to make sure all guests follow the rules. Though we do follow Hampton standards for our breakfast and emenities I will be sure to check with the individual departments to see if there is anyway we can improve on the specified items you mentioned. It is only through guest feed back such as yours, that we are able to improve our offerings. So thank you again for taking the time to post your review and be assured I will be looking in to the issues you mentioned.
Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Planned a sweet 16 birthday party for my son, who loves to snowboard. I took him and two of his buddies to Spirit Mountain and I stayed back, happily, in the hotel room. I had a great view of Lake Superior. The breakfast was tasty. The room was very clean - well kept up. I enjoyed the free HBO.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My stay at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. It's location, Canal Park, is near many restaurants and shops and near tons of action!

The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable. The room was VERY spacious, the bed was superb! The staff was very warm and inviting. Breakfast was actually very tasty and had lots of selection.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

It was a busy weekend with hockey kids trampling the halls, but the hotel itself was clean and Hamptony. The room was nice, king with lake view. my only complaint is that there wasn't anyway to access the breakfast bar with the volume of people there.

• Stayed January 2013
Kewanee, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location on the lake and near many restaurants and shops. I had a lake view and it was spectacular.
The rooms were spacious. I generally get a king bed for more room, but they only had 2 doubles and there was still plenty of room and not cramped like many hotels. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I ordered a pizza to be delivered and asked if they had any salt and the front desk went and found me some.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It is clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room for sure! It is well worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlton, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days during a business trip, and I was extremely pleased with it. My room was spacious and comfortable, and had all the amenities I needed: hair dryer, iron and ironing board, desk area, wireless Internet, coffee maker, etc. Although I did not have a chance to use them, the room also had a refrigerator and microwave. Everything worked... no problems whatsoever. Another plus was the large bathroom with plenty of counter space, and a great shower. The value for the money was excellent.

The breakfast area had plenty of choices. Staff members were uniformly pleasant and friendly. There are tons of great restaurants nearby, within walking distance. Honestly, I don't think my stay here could have been any better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business