“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #43 of 245 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A wonderful place to eat. Very informal and quite loud, but that did not take away from the wonderful steak we had. My daughter had the loaded sweet potato and I had the plain sweet potato. Bothe were very good. The steak was done just the way we like it - medium rare - and the rolls they have are just fabulous. They also bring you more rolls until you don't want anymore!

• Visited February 2013

Eveleth, Minnesota
“Never a bad meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Our family always loves stopping here and this trip was no exception. Service was good and the staff is friendly. Always make sure you plan on getting here around the time they open as it fills up quick!

• Visited August 2013
RICE LAKE
“Always a Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

After a busy day of sightseeing in Duluth, you want a great meal to end your day. Texas Roadhouse always delivers great service, food and delicious rolls with cinnamon butter. We called ahead for seating and our table was ready when we arrived!

• Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Your Average Texas Roadhouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is your average Texas Roadhouse, except with employees that look like they wished they were dead. If not dead, at least not currently working at that place. I've been to the one in Coon Rapids at least 4 times and the employees have a lot more fun there. They're quite enthusiastic, in fact. The employees at the Duluth location did a very half-hearted dance when the time came (it's what they're supposed to do as a part of their job--line dancing to a certain song). I thought it was ironic that they have on a shirt that says "I <3 My Job" and their attitudes and manner say something totally different.

The food was OK. My ribeye steak was pretty good, but my boyfriend's roadkill was tiny. It's supposed to be 10 oz of meat but it looked like he was lucky if he got 6oz. We've gotten it at the Coon Rapids location before and it was huge. He also ordered steak fries as one of his sides and it was about half the size order of what we'd have gotten at CR. He was like, "Wow, this is what I'm supposed to eat?" It was our one meal of the day, and his meal was pretty pathetic. At least mine was decent. I ended up giving him at least 1/3 of my steak.... As for the rest of my meal, the side salad I ordered was good, but my "loaded" baked potato was pretty sad. I paid $.99 more for hardly anything. Anyhow, the buns were good, as usual, but that's not the only reason to go to a restaurant (save Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits....).

All in all, I wish we had gone to one of the special restaurants in Duluth instead of this chain. It was just kind of meh compared to what we had been having in Duluth. I'd rather we had saved our money and calories for something better. Duluth is expensive, and I expect good food and service for my money. Everywhere else we went stepped up to the plate except this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Duluth, MN
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went for our anniversary with another couple. We all ordered something different and all agreed it was excellent. Server was Casey and he was nice, friendly, and checked back to make sure we were happy. He was familiar with the menu, also. We decided Tues. was a good night to go, got seated immediately. Prices were inline with other restaurants.

• Visited July 2013