“Wow that's a long wait for below average food. Skip this one.”

Clyde Iron Works - Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #31 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Premier restaurant, bar, and event venue located in Duluth, MN. Established in 1889, the original Clyde Iron Works was a steel foundry and manufacturer of heavy machinery, once instrumental in completing well-known projects such as the Panama Canal, Empire State Building and Golden Gate Bridge. Today, it serves as one of the top restaurant, bar and event venues in northern Minnesota — still honoring the American worker and Duluth's golden industrial age.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ordered our food at 12:56. It arrived at 2:00. There were six other customers in the place. The pizzas my wife and kids ordered were ok; other than the sausage-mushroom one which had a really odd taste. No one liked it and we left it on the table. The waitress didnt even bother to ask us if we wanted a box to put it in. She knew! Pizzas were $13.50 each. Sadly I ordered the pot pie for $9.50. It was a small bowl of runny, creamed, canned chicken soup covered by a flakey biscuit. I would have done better eating a partially cooked one from Banquet Foods, $.89 at Wally World. I am sure their steakburger covered with blue cheese is good. You could cover cat food with blue cheese and it would taste good. I would not give this place a second chance. Made me wait over an hour for my food, and then what you do bring me is nasty. AVOID this place

3  Thank billyg1065

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food and beer selection....great atmosphere....beautiful building! Love this place! This is a beautiful Duluth building....you should come see it.

1  Thank James G
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I came here because it was close, not because I wanted a mediocre place. (52 out of 118). This place is great. It is in fact in a renovated foundry. The tall windows provide a clean, spacious atmosphere; that of a minimalist, city dwellers loft. I ordered a 90 Schilling (Colorado) beer and a steak burger with blue cheese. It may well have been the best burger I've ever had. Even the fries were world class. The people at the bar were talkative and welcoming, and Aram, the bartender was efficient, accurate and one hell of a nice guy.

The only thing that I thought wasn't perfect was the Border Sauce that comes with the fries. It tasted like ketchup with sriracha sauce mixed in. I ordered blue cheese dressing and dipped my fries in that instead. My bill was less than $14.

1  Thank EastCoastMarc
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Service was great. Waiter suggested an off-menu BBQ buffalo wings and those were great! We had a dinner salad with seasonal vinaigrette and split a burger. With drinks and a tip was $30.

The building is very unique. Great for a reception.

1  Thank Cooker2k
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have been here several times in the past year and have always enjoyed it. Some of my favorite menu items are the Four Seasons Salad (with nice mix of greens, toasted pecans, seasonal berries, pickled beets, cheese, and optional grilled chicken or salmon), Homemade Mac & Cheese, and homemade potato chips that come with sandwiches. They also have an excellent chicken sandwich that isn't yet on the printed menus -- ask for it.

1  Thank marciamn

Been to Clyde Iron Works - Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!