“Best Japanese in Duluth!”
Review of Hanabi

Hanabi
Ranked #33 of 257 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone number (218) 464-4412 and email hanabimn@hotmail.com
Duluth, Minnesota
“Best Japanese in Duluth!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner about a half hour until close (without realizing.) We were blatantly informed that we could eat there, but only had a half hour to finish, which came off as rude but we were hungry so this wasn't a problem. We were both so glad we had the chance to eat here as the food was fantastic! I got a vegetarian sushi entree with fried rice and it was probably the best I've ever had! He said the same about his meal. The atmosphere is excellent with unique and modern decor, and there is also a full bar. The rough outside of the building hides a wonderful hidden gem. We will be returning!

• Visited April 2014

Duluth, Minnesota
“Has gone downhill.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've been a huge fan of Hanabi but recently I have not had the best of experiences. Last visit there, the service was terrible- Had to ask for a server initially, was told we could request specific things on a combo platter but didn't follow through (ended up getting nearly the complete opposite of what we asked for), and everything took forever. The entire experience took over 2 hours on a Monday night! The bit of fish we ate was delicous but the rolls we not that good. One that I was familiar with was extremely mushy with terrible texture. Bleh. To top it off, it was my birthday dinner. Good thing I was surrounded by people I love!

• Visited April 2014
Silver Bay, Minnesota, United States
“Three visits, all awsome.”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

One of my new favorite restaurants in Duluth. One lunch, two dinner visits. Beautiful lounge, try the leeche martini, omg. Trendy décor, neat and clean. Service could be a bit more personal, but not bad. The main reason for going to a restaurant, the food, and Hanabi is on point. Fresh, tasty works of art.

• Visited March 2014
twin cities
“Great find!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I stopped by for lunch and had a great meal. Service was great, food was excellent and overall a very good value!

• Visited March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outside of Chicago, as good as the best in the Midwest.”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I went here twice on a business trip; once for dinner (take out) and once for lunch (dine in). I'm not from Chicago, but I've had a lot of sushi there. Taking Chicago's sushi out of the equation, this was as good as you'll find in the Midwest. If you are jonesing for sushi, this is the place. It's not cheap though: two drinks while I waited plus the "chef's choice" to go was $70.00. Lunch was 23.00.

• Visited February 2014