“Good sushi. Best prices during lunch...sketchy neighbors”
Review of Hanabi

Hanabi
Ranked #40 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone number (218) 464-4412 and email hanabimn@hotmail.com
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We enjoy the lunches here-- selecting the 3 sushi rolls (get to choose) for about ten dollars for lunch, pass on the miso soup. the salad is prepackaged lettuce with the wasabi dressing; both are easy to pass on--but the spicy crab rolls are very good and the eel rolls are enjoyed by my family whole wont otherwise eat eel!

Inside its dark and just okay for atmosphere, while outside the signage is lacking. And although the restaurant is a place I enjoy, I am not fond of the area orthe hillside parking. The place is out of the Main Street traffic on a one way street going up the hill--and across the street from the homeless hangout-- my family, who lives in Duluth, felt the area sketchy and didn't want to walk alone at night. That said, try it for lunch or happy hour and it is a better feeling in the neighborhood.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love the Hamachi Carpaccio appetizer but it's too small (4 pcs). The Lollipop rolls are light, fresh and addictive (more of a small appetizer portion) and they are beautifully plated. Poison Spider Roll was excellent but the spicy crab on top was almost like an afterthought. The Spicy Maki Combo was excellent but not spicy. Still dreaming of the Queen Rolls--excellent sweet/spicy roll. There were two drawbacks for me. The ambiance is cold and seating is odd. We sat next to hostess stand and my bench seat was uncomfortable. The bathroom was not as clean as I had hoped and the toilet brush next to the toilet wasn't pleasant. But ultimately I am not complaining. I am planning my next visit for great Sushi in Duluth.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went for a friend's birthday dinner, but I actually think it's better suited for a nice dinner date. The food was good, I had the spicy sushi combo. Our server was very nice. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Don't be discouraged by the neighborhood. The food is unforgettable. Lovely display, and very tasty.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I went to Namabi on a Thursday afternoon. We sat at the bar which was playing club dance music which was strange because it was the afternoon. I wouldn't have minded; however, such environment brought in an abnoxious group of college students. This is why I rated the atmosphere at a 3. The bar waiter was awesome though, he was very friendly, attentative and handsome and the food was amazing! I had the winter roll which had crab, avocado and cream cheese and then it's topped with spicy mayo and eel sauce. They run this through the broiler which makes the cream cheese and avocado super creamy and gives the sauces on top a warm texture! I have never had a roll that hit all the pleasure centers in my mouth so perfectly! I think the key was the broiler! we also had hot saki and a couple beers- nothing to note there! Overall great experience and I certainly would go back! I would suggest different music at the bar to create better ambiance and traffic flow.

1  Thank Mindy M