“Sumptous dining and magnificent view”

JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Superior St and 5th Ave W
Description: Welcome to JJ Astor (located on the 16th floor of the Radisson Hotel Duluth), where guests enjoy welcoming service, inspired décor, modern approachability, unparalleled views, and signature dishes. Executive Chef, Ryan Zander, has created a contemporary menu utilizing sustainable produce from local farmers and fresh fish from local fishermen. Whether settling into the oversized armchairs in the lounge, or admiring the view from the inviting sofa style banquettes, the restaurant provides a memorable dining experience for locals and visitors alike.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were greeted as soon as we got off the elevator by friendly staff and a Superior view.
There was background music that was not intrusive, but it set the tone for a delightful surprise.
We shared the 360 degree sky-view with soaring gulls. Cindy soon came to take our first requests with a sunny smile and warm greeting. Dinner was incredible! Lamb, New York Strip to perfection, tasty soup, creative sides, and fresh, warm bread was followed by delicate deserts.
Applause to the Chef! All tables are next to the window on the gently rotating dining area...always a new view of lake, harbor and skyline. Fulfilling experience. Soon to return.

There are newer reviews for JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good servers and waitresses like our Candace Saturday night July 6th make everything special and couples and families that we saw near our booth. The slow circling around to see the lights of Duluth and Twin Ports harbour were nice along with the music of the 3 some Bowers group with John Thorene and his fun 2 partners that played the TN Waltz for our 30th anniversary!

JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am thrilled to read your glowing review of our JJ Astor Server, Candice, as well as the kind words regarding your overall experience in both the Bowery Bros. and JJ Astor. We are so happy to have been a part of making your 30th Anniversary memorable. We look forward to seeing you for your 31st Anniversary!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food and service at JJ Astor in Duluth, MN was superb! We were treated like royalty by our exceptionally fine server, CINDY. The lamb chops were tender and succulent whether served in a delicious soup or as a main course. The side dishes were original and delicately seasoned.
There were just enough choices on the menu to provide variety but not so many as to be overwhelming. We were encouraged to linger over delicious dessert and wine. We are already looking forward to our next evening out at JJ Astor. I hope that CINDY is our server the next time we are there.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Duluth and had dinner at JJ Astor revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel. The service was fantastic, the view second to none and my server Candice was exceptional. They were quite busy and I was dining alone but I didn't once feel like I was taking up a table or that I wasn't worth monitoring because I was alone. Spencer seated me and was very friendly, asking about my travel plans. Candice gave me the rundown on the local buildings I was seeing out the window and was very knowledgeable about the menu.

The NY strip I had was in the top five of best steaks I have ever had, It was cooked perfectly and, even though my Caesar salad had anchovies which I detest, I couldn't taste them and only saw a piece because I searched for it. I would definitely eat here again.

JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Dianne~
Candice and Spencer were so thrilled to read that they made your experience at JJ Astor Restaurant exceptional. Our staff prides itself on making each guest feel welcome.
Thank you also for your praise of the New York Strip! We can't wait to see you when you cross over from Canada and visit us again at JJ Astor.
Cheers!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I liked his place. It's on the top floor of the Radisson in Duluth & it rotates! I think that's cool. I swear we felt buzzed just from the motion! One of my girls didn't really like it because of that though so that was kind of a bummer. Anyway, the food was good & the service was just fine. I loved how the degrees of rotation were on the wall too.

JJAstor_12, Manager at JJ Astor Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Mandy~
Thank you for your "Nice & chill" review! The rotation of the restaurant makes JJ Astor very unique, as it provides a full view of Lake Superior, The Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth's Downtown and the Duluth Hillside. Every table ensures a perfect view! We can't wait to have you back. Hopefully, your daughter will enjoy it the second time around.