“Fantastic place, great room and staff”

Residence Inn Duluth
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The room was brilliant, all you would ever need. The pool and Gym looked brilliant as well, although we didn't use them. Neither did we partake of breakfast or the light dinners that were on offer. The staff were friendly and gave good advice about what to see and where to go. Highly recommended. Only slight drawback was the location meant that you had to drive to everywhere, there was a nearby Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden, but no pavements to use, but that was a minor consideration/

Room Tip: We looked over the back, which was nicely wooded. Room 307
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review---we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Our goal is to provide our guests with all of the amenities that a guest could need, and we appreciate the fact that you identified these offerings. We are so grateful for guests like yourself who take the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I just recently stayed at this property and was nothing but impressed. Clean, up to date furnishings. Very spacious rooms with great space (kitchen, small dining table, modern/comfortable bed and furniture). Stayed only one night and found myself saying, "Wish I would have booked another night here so I could have enjoyed the amenities!" Neat modern outdoor seating area, pool area looked clean and well kept. Breakfast was probably one of the best continental breakfasts I've had (and I've done my fair share of traveling) with actual restaurant booth seating (when do you ever see that at a hotel??). Staff was outstanding. The gal at the front desk at check in (evening of May 15th) was a doll....easy to talk to, down to earth, very sweet. The local area is great (mall short drive away, many restaurants). Thanks for a great stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank captivagirl3399
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

We strive to provide superior value to our guests through all of the amenities that we offer. We appreciate the fact that you recognized and enjoyed these amenities. We are blessed to have such great guests walk through our doors.

We look forward to your next visit, whether it be for one night, or longer!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed at several Residence Inn's in the past, and I will say, this is the nicest I have stayed in. The Marriott check-in experience is consistent with everyone that I have been in, and Duluth was no exception. The rooms offered the traditional Kitchenette, seating area, flat screen TV, and all NEW! The workout facility was what I would expect at a Hotel, and once again, everything was new.
The Hotel is located close to the Miller Hills Mall, as well as every imaginable eating place you would like to go to.
I was impressed with the courtesy of ALL STAFF. When was the last time you received a Smile and greeting from the people cleaning the rooms, followed by I hope you're enjoying your stay.
And the Breakfast was good to.

Room Tip: Texas Roadhouse is across the street. Call in before you dine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank csmdrhanson
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We are so fortunate to have an amazing staff. Each and every member of our staff strives to provide our guests with the best experience possible and it's something that we are very proud of.

We are glad that you recognized their efforts, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Easy to find, each room is a suite very well appointed. Comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, friendly staff. Even a complimentary bag of popcorn in the room for use in your microwave. Would be fantastic for long stays, we only were in Duluth for a couple of nights but it was wonderful. The breakfast was varied and there are "social" nights a couple of evenings a week where appetizers are made available to guests. Location is also good, being close to some excellent shopping areas and lots of restaurants. We have decided to make this property our home away from home when travelling to Duluth.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaliB

We LOVE that you said: "We have decided to make this property our home away from home when traveling to Duluth."

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our stay was just great. The rooms, halls and all other areas are very clean. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the gal at the front desk. I had forgotten my charger for my cell phone, so I asked if she would happen to have a charger for a Samsung cell phone. She went in the back and looked and found one that I used for the night. Breakfast was everything that you could want, with the only minor complaint that the coffee was not hot. Highly recommend this as a great place to stay in Duluth, MN.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lakerfantoo

We pride ourselves on providing the very best guest experience possible, and the little things like borrowing our guests a phone charger for the night are included in that. Our staff members aim to do anything in their power to fulfill our guests needs, as our guests are truly the most important factor in our business.

We are so happy that our staff was able to accommodate you, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel was nothing but Great! The staff were pleasant and helpful. The rooms very clean and comfortable beds. The pool area was well kept and neat. I look forward to returning to this property my next time in Duluth especially since it is so close to the mall.

Room Tip: I was not reading the above - there is no resteraunt or room service but a really nice well taken ca...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelmom309

Although there are some guests that would prefer the hotel to be closer to Canal Park, we believe that we are in a prime position centrally located between downtown Duluth, the Miller Hill Mall, and the Duluth International Airport. We are happy that you are a fan of our location too!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler and spent the month of November 2012 in Duluth.
This hotel is brand new, with sparkling decor and spotless upkeep.
My suite was better appointed -- and less expensive -- than a furnished apartment. I did NOT want to leave !
Room rates include 7 full breakfasts and 4 evening meals.
The staff is professional and friendly, and even helped me pack my car in the snow at checkout !!
The location is in the main suburban shopping district, with a big grocery chain store across the parking lot, and only minutes from downtown Duluth.
When I travel to Duluth in the future, I will definitely, eagerly, look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a gas fireplace for those colllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllld Minnesota nights.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank frequent_biz_travler
ResidenceInnDth, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Duluth, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

As an extended stay property, the concept of our hotel is to provide guests the design and amenities of a modern home. It can be difficult for guests to be away from home for an extended period of time so we understand the importance of providing amenities such as complimentary breakfast and evening social buffets to ease that transition. We are so happy that you enjoyed these amenities.