“Pretty People with Lotsa Money”

Zeitgeist Arts Cafe
Ranked #22 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh American cuisine featuring classic comfort foods with a contemporary touch, local beer, extensive wine and whiskey menus, handcrafted cocktails, and the best fries in town. Serving weekend brunch 10am-3pm, featuring gourmet twists on breakfast classics. Lunch from 11am-4pm Monday through Friday, dinner from 4pm-10pm Monday through Thursday and from 4pm-11pm on Friday and Saturday.
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Zeitgeist is happening. Lotta cool looking young people with expensive looking clothes and meaningful tattoos. The food is good, though, when the place filled up, a bit hard to hear conversation. VERY friendly wait-staff. Not exactly funky, but close. Can't say trendy, but close. Reminds me of Grandma's back in the day, a must visit to see and be seen. Did I mention how good the food tasted? Pretty dang appetizing. Good wine bargains on Tuesday.

There are newer reviews for Zeitgeist Arts Cafe

Reviewed July 19, 2011

go there
I had a fantastic steak there- their NY strip was far better than Belisios fillet I had the night before- great service- great location, great design (for me anyway). I would call it more "upscale", modern looking, but without the upscale feeling- meaning they served us podunks in jeans just as well as the formally dressed.
The steak was fantastic- all the food looked great.
Overall the price was not too bad- less than belisios, for a better, more fun meal.
We WILL be back

Reviewed April 21, 2011

We went with a party of four for work, because of the 'sustainability' statements. Our dinners okay. Although other reviews had ratethe currey rice bowl with chicken as great, I thought it was a lot like a fajita stir fry and nothing I'd order again. The prime rib dinner looked good---but pricey, and the one item off the menu that isn't offered anymore was the last item that was 'ordered' by one of the party, so he scrambled to find a second choice.

Reviewed October 31, 2010

We enjoyed the food here. It was simple with a splash of gourmet. In other words, nothing on the menu that will scare you away but enough adventure there to make it fun! The pomme frites are OUT OF THIS WORLD! I'd go back just for an order of these greasy (in a good way) little potato slivers the rest of the world calls French Fries! WOW!
I had a pasta dish that was just a bit salty but the sauce was fantastic and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
The lemon/berry/gingersnap dessert is another item that is worth the trip. It disappeared before we realized we had devoured it, that on full stomachs!
I would say this is a nice place to take a group of people to have a good time, or to pick a quiet table in the corner for a romantic dinner. The interior decoration and lighting here are very contemporary and make for a unique setting.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

This 'arty' cafe in downtown Duluth is really fun. The menu is good, the service fine. Upstairs you can have a nice view of the downtown main street. It is part of an 'art theater' complex, and so is a bit 'edgy', in a fun sort of way. Nice wait staff. We highly recommend this to get out of the gourmet (well, Duluth style) ghetto down by the shore and into town.