All reviewscozy roomthree nightsdowntown duluthview of the lakewahljimfireplace
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My husband & I had a wonderful stay!
Great location and beautiful B&B.
The owners were fantastic, very thoughtful and considerate - they weren't sold out the weekend we visited and the couple staying in the suite next to us had a young infant so they upgraded us from our room to a suite down the hall to ensure our comfort - very kind.
Breakfasts were decadent and amazing.
We had a wonderful stay and have recommended it to friends and family who all have had wonderful stays as well.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank letsgoforatrip
Reviewed July 5, 2008

My wife & I spent 3 nights here & loved it.

Could be the best breakfasts we've had at any B&B ... real works of art. Great egg dishes, freshly baked berry cakes, and fruit trays ... never left hungry, and usually had some leftovers for later in the day.

Another thing we liked is the option to eat breakfast in our room instead of in the dining room. My wife & I can do the social thing, but sometimes it's nice to not have to do that.

The room was big & comfortable.

Another huge plus is the helpfulness of the innkeeper, Jim. He took special interest in making sure that we had all the information and suggestions we needed to make the most of our visit to the North Shore. Because he's been doing this for 20 years, he's very well informed & helped us shape the vacation we wanted.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank TulsaLonghorn
Reviewed June 18, 2008

My mother, sister and I first stayed here in 2005. Now we plan a yearly trip with my whole family (sans kids). The rooms are peaceful and beautiful, the bathrooms are exquisit. The beds are so nice you could stay there forever (featherbeds!) and if that isn't enough the breakfast is unbelieveable! Fruit Tray, Fresh Muffins, Stuffed French Toast..... My Father, brother and husband are all big eaters and even they have no trouble getting stuffed. The only downside is that they don't take families with children under 13. They're only a few blocks from the Lake walk too.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank lady_godiva881
Reviewed April 30, 2007

The Ellery House was the perfect retreat for me in Duluth, MN. This is my 2nd year there and it's outstanding in it's hospitality and warmth. My view of Lake Superior is spectacular and I had all the peace and quiet I needed for my time alone, to refresh and renew. Joan and Jim prepare wonderful breakfasts, fit for a Queen and the Shear Katz Salon nearby has all the pampering services you could possibly need. I'll be back soon !

Sincerely, Diane Pakulski
Arden Hills, MN

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank DeeArdenHills
Reviewed December 5, 2006

My husband and I spent three nights here in October and just loved it. The innkeepers, Jim and Joan were great hosts - there when you needed them but otherwise respected the guests' privacy. Superb breakfast each morning, delivered to your room upon request!

The inn is within walking distance of the lakeshore and we had a beautiful view of the lake from our Daisy Suite sunporch.

We've already made our reservation to come back during the Duluth Blues Festival next summer!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple