$198
$162
ComfortSuites
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$108
Hampton.com
$159
$136
HolidayInn.com
The Suites Hotel in Canal Park(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$129
$128
$92
Official Hotel
$128
$124
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

$229
$199
All reviewsstrawberry rhubarbcozy roomthree nightsdowntown duluthview of the lakewahljimmuffinsfireplace
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was beginning graduate school in Duluth and stayed at the Ellery for 3 trips, for a total of 9 nights, while looking for a permanent place to rent in Duluth! Jim & Joan are the most knowledgable hosts one could ask for. They seem to know every detail of the area and are most gracious as well.

Breakfast was superb every morning. Not only does the food taste outstanding, but it is presented beautiful as well. The rooms are comfortable and decorated period classly.

Highly recommend staying at The Ellery House

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2011

My DH and I stayed at Ellery House B & B September 25 & 26, 2011. This B & B is an 1890's Victorian with beautiful woodwork and decor and although it doesn't have the shine and polish of a newly renovated B & B you will not find a more friendly or welcoming host and hostess than Jim and Joan. Jim was gregarious and friendly and never to busy to engage us in lively conversation. I have stayed at many B & B's across the country but I have never encountered a host as friendly and welcoming as Jim. The breakfasts were delicious and filling and the homemade chocolate chip cookies were a wonderful treat at the end of our day. We stayed in the Ellery Suite, a two room corner suite, which had a very comfortable bed and plenty of space. I would recommend this B & B to anyone wanting to spend some time in Duluth, MN or on the North Shore.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2011

In mid-August 2010 (the date listed via drop down menu is inaccurate, but doesn't go back far enough), we visited Duluth on a research trip to the North Shore and to see Split Rock Lighthouse. We only had two days to squeeze as much seeing and doing in as possible. We chose The Ellery House based on the reviews provided here, stayed three nights, and we were Not disappointed - in fact, our trip was perfect and wonderful!!!

We stayed in Lilla's Room, and found it to be so very lovely, clean, uber comfortable, and a great place to come back to to rest up. Jim is kind, friendly, funny, accomodating, and has a wealth of knowledge about the area. He was super helpful in guiding us to all the right places.

The Ellery house is charming and inviting, and Jim did a fabulous job seeing to our comfort and needs. I have many dietary restrictions, and he not only took great care in meeting them, but he also ensured I still had a delicious and tasty breakfast. One of the cool things that we really liked about breakfast, in addition to the wonderful food, was having breakfast with the other guests at a central dining table. (You can option to have breakfast served privately in your room, but the social quality gained here was wonderful. Everyone who joined in for breakfast brought fun and interesting conversation, and the experience enhanced the charm and friendly feeling we found at The Ellery House.)

A really nice service provided is the coffee/tea/hot water/hot cocoa station near the dining room. No matter what time you need a little refreshment, it is available to you, as are scratch made cookies (until they disappear from happily hungry guests) and mixed nuts. (Jim is happy to share the cookie recipe with you!!!)

Our stay at The Ellery House met and exceeded our expectations, and I could use the descriptors "delightful," "lovely," "charming," "clean", "friendly," and "helpful" over and over again. If ever we get back to the North Shore, and I hope we do, The Ellery House is where we will stay!!! We loved it there and are thankful to the reviews here that led us to Jim and The Ellery House. (Our stay at The Ellery House was so wonderful, that despite my ridiculous schedule and lack of knowledge on how to submit a review and lack of time to fiugre it out, I was determined to get here and do it, even if a year later. The delay is representative of my hectic-ness, and my determination to share our positive experience is testament to how perfect our visit and stay was!) Thank you Jim and The Ellery House!!!

Room Tip: We can't speak to the other rooms for not having seen them, but Lilla's Room is lovely, clean, comfortable and wonderful. We can recommend it highly. We slept incredibly well here. And if memory serves, the shower was a charming claw foot tub. We were provided natural and environmentally friendly bath soaps and shampoos.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Jim and Joan were hospitable and kind. People rave about "southern hospitality" but I think these Yankees are on to something. Breakfast was absolutely delightful and the suites were gorgeous. They did an amazing job decorating and keeping the house (built in 1890!) up. I recommend for anyone and everyone!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I have to mention the breakfast was wonderful and elegantly prepared. We had an egg souffle with strawberry rhubarb muffins, fresh fruit platter and great coffee. The inn was decorated with beautiful antiques which were comfortably arranged. Our room the Ellery Suite was spacious and the beds were very comfortable and luxurious. We completely enjoyed our stay and felt extremely at home . The innkeeper was very helpful with advice and had a kind personality. The inn is very convenient to the Duluth sights plus the North Shore route was very easy to navigate.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family