All reviews historic hotel pillow menu aveda products same complex converted brewery free valet boathouse restaurant book store under one roof continental breakfast lake walk brew house deluxe room interesting shops modern amenities granola bars coupon book
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is conveniently located on the waterfront and it's a really pleasant walk to Canal Park. The hotel was full of character and the room was really comfortable. Every member of staff that we encountered was friendly and helpful and made us feel really welcome. The view over the lake is great and we enjoyed a post dinner drink at the hotel's tiki bar whilst enjoying the view - great end to the day! If we find ourselves in the area again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Haylea S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our roadtrip honeymoon. I never thought my travels would bring me to Duluth, MN, but once we found this place online we knew we had to make a stop here, and it was a good stopping point for heading out west. LOVED the lakefront view, I think for the money you are spending here (its not cheap, even for a low-end room), spend the extra and go for the Lakefront view, you wont be disappointed! Valet service was convenient, even though I am used to parking my own car. Room was very modern and nice, and the bed was so comfortable! As I said before, the absolute best part was waking up in the morning to the view over Lake Superior. We ate at the brewpub in the hotel, both food and beer were delicious! Get a taster of the Habenero beer but be careful, its spicy!! Overall a great stay, just don't expect too much for the breakfast, it was very basic.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the Lakefront room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Neil and Sara W
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I try to spend a lot of time on North Shore as mini vacations between our real ones, but usually avoid duluth as it is too touristy busy. Needed to spend a night there and chose Figter's. Day started bad at home and continued to disappoint but then checked in to Fitgers and wow it was the days highlight that made us forget about everything else. We prefer to stay at the higher end of the spectrum for lodging be it in the carribean or the north shore and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised by Fitger's. Staff was fantastic, food was very good and the location is fabulous!. I am sure that I will go out of my way to make arrangements to stay there again. I have never bothered to leave a review before, but they deserve one.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holly E
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros -
- large rooms - tall celings, up-to-date
- complimentary valet,
- complimentary shuttle - this was a lifesaver for us, drove us pretty much anywhere in Duluth. Reserve it ahead of time to be guaranteed, but we never had any problems using it spur of the moment.
- front desk service - very friendly and knowledgeable
- shopping - hours were a little odd. nothing was open Sunday when we left.
- location - adequate eating/shopping within walking distance of Fitgers

Cons -
- One of the valet/shuttle drivers was horribly rude and we unfortunately we were stuck with him several times.
- No ice, however, front desk will get yousome
- dark rooms
- Restaurants - Tried to eat at Mexican Lindo and couldn't even get menus, while we were there we heard others complaining about food quality so I think we got lucky. We did have a drink and one of their Queso's and it was good. Tried to get into the Brewhouse a couple of times but was always at least an hour wait. Ate breakfast at Midi - service was awful and the food was just ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank beachluvr13
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Maybe it was pricey since it was tall ship weekend (we didn't know). Great location with nice shops. The building and rooms are older and historical looking. Other than not being pleased with an employee named Eric (he was rude and almost killed us on the shuttle van) everyone else was extremely helpful and we had a nice stay. Hopefully if we decide to stay at Fitger's it won't be during tall shop weekend and the room rate won't be so expensive. The brewery was really busy but it was a nice place to get a beer. The beer was good and inexpensive. We really enjoyed Midi Restaurant. Good food and great service. We will probably come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family