“A very cool bridge”
Review of Aerial Lift Bridge

Aerial Lift Bridge
Ranked #3 of 94 things to do in Duluth
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally constructed in 1905 as an aerial lift, this unusual elevator bridge is 386 feet long and spans the canal entrance to Duluth Harbor.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is one of Duluth's main attractions. You can see it for miles! It's a very attractive lift bridge that straddles the main channel into Duluth Harbour. It's a great place to watch the grain boats, and it's way cool when it lifts! The peninsula that it connects to is worth a look. A lot of pretty cottages right by the shore, just a few minutes away from downtown!

There are newer reviews for Aerial Lift Bridge

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fun to watch the ships go under the bridge. Great to drive accross the bridge and check out the the beautiful homes and beaches and picnic areas.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have a group of 4 traveling to Duluth from Kansas City this summer. June/July. We are hitting up the Mall of America for probably one day and then 4 or 5 days in Duluth. We are interested in the aerial bridge, fishing and sight seeing. We might camp part of the time. Any ideas for an itenerary? I am so excited about this trip. I have never traveled anywhere north!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I got to see a huge ship go through the bridge....it lifts super high and boy does it get loud! Still nice bridge to walk over and look at , but the big ticket is when ships come by! Plenty restaurants near by and walking paths and vintage pieces to view.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I grew up near this location and it's one of my favorite places in the world. I love to walk the entire path under the bridge back toward the DECC. Great for families, romantic walks, no matter who you're with, it's a great idea to visit this place.