Beacon Pointe Resort
Comfort Inn West(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$135
$98
$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

$247
$198
ComfortSuites
$105
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$176
Official Hotel
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

The Suites Hotel in Canal Park(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$165
Park Point Marina Inn(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$209
$138
$100
Official Hotel
$191
Canal Park Lodge(Duluth)
$209
All reviewsunderground parkingbedroom condofull kitchenthe penthousecanal parkbike pathjacuzzi tubadirondack chairsview of the lakebike rentalslake superiorlift bridgecontinental breakfasttop floorgreat amenitiessleeper sofahard boiled eggs
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I adore Beacon Pointe, but may not ever go back because of the noise. Two rooms adjoin, and the walls seem to have no sound proofing as you can hear every and any conversation that occurs. The entry doors are very loud as well. You can't beat this location and proximity to the Lakewalk which we love to walk, and the view of the Lake is fabulous, but the noise is a deal-breaker for me and I don't know what they could do to fix it, other than to let us stay there by ourselves. Lovely pool, grounds, common areas, and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Troy M, Manager at Beacon Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hello! And thank you for your response and time spent at Beacon Pointe. I would just like to start out by saying we did just complete a rather lengthy project of installing acoustic insulation between all adjoining rooms. This has drastically cut down unwanted noise. If you find this still doesn't satisfy your privacy needs I would suggest for you (or anyone for that matter) our rooftop suites. They are called one bedroom penthouse suites and they each have a private staircase up to them and they do not share walls with any other unit. Hopefully we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wrote a review previously for our July 1 stay. We were put in the handicap room even tho we made no request for this need. The bed was horrible, one third of the king size bed was broken down to the point you could not sit on it let alone sleep on it. We reported it in the morning and like other reviews we were told some new beds are on order. Wonder when that will happen? I see reviews from March where that was the same answer. This is our third visit at Beacon Point and until improvements are made our last. Such a shame for such a wonderful piece of property. Management should be ashamed! I will be surprised if this review gets published, our one from last week did not!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank llnc3215

We do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I can address some of the issues. With summer being our busiest time of the year we generally run at 100% occupancy so some people are placed in handicap accessible rooms. The only difference is that these rooms are larger and have a stall rather than a tub shower. Also I can assure you that the beds are being looked into and I sincerely apologize that you had a bed that was unsatisfactory. I see you've stayed with us a few times and I encourage you to do so again so we can make this right for you.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I loved the location of this resort! The service was great and loved the the extras that were included: free bike rentals, free movies & games, free s'mores. We rented the bikes several times so we could bike to canal park.

A few minor things that could use some change: small pool, more breakfast selection (hot breakfast would be great,) fan in the shower, more mirrors, bags in the rooms for dirty clothes, & cheaper prices.

• Stayed: July 2013

I would like to that you two for staying with us as well as reviewing our resort. We are happy to offer all of our amenities for free and that you took advantage of many of them. As for our pool, it was designed to the size of our facility (we only have 53 rooms). Additionally, we are happy to inform you that we a redesigning out breakfast room and our food offerings. This will be completed as soon as possible and we invite you back to try a new experience!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in Duluth. While it's not the best location, in my opinion, it's still close to Canal Park and the rest of Duluth. Took less than 5 minutes of driving to get to Canal Park. I say that it isn't the best location because nothing is in close walking distance (it's got the lake on one side and the freeway on the other). I'm sure you could take the lakewalk but that would be a long walk for anybody.

The room was huge. We were pleasantly surprised with a true mini kitchen in our room...real serveware, a fridge, sink, microwave, and table to eat at. Everything was clean, the decor was nice, big king sized bed. The bed was very comfortable. Being able to hear (or not hear) noises/other guests is something I consider with hotels - I'd say this one was just fine. Not the best, but by far not the worst.

The pool and hot tub were very nice. We were the only ones in the pool/hot tub area when we were there, which was nice. Seemed pretty clean.

We were shocked when we were told about the underground parking garage that all guests could use at no extra charge. It was so nice, especially since most of the time we were in Duluth it was raining and on the cooler side (not complaining, just saying :) ).

The breakfast was nothing to speak of. I wasn't impressed with it. Not a lot of selection, crappy coffee, no seating area. But what do you expect, I guess, when it's free?

I did like this resort, but I don't know that I'd stay here again if given other choices in Canal Park.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your positive comment about your vacation at Beacon Pointe Resort. We hope the memories you made here last a lifetime – or at least until you come for your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again at Beacon Pointe Resort.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a local and I had family come from AK, AZ, MT, and MO for my daughter's wedding. We rented the Penthouse. It was clean, wheelchair accessible, and the service was outstanding! I will recommend this resort to anyone who comes to Duluth! The views are breathtaking and it is right on the lake walk. We took advantage of the bikes and the fire pit on the lake. This is THE place to stay in Duluth

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It's so nice to see when people come to our facility to spend time with their family from around the country. With you being from the area we know you have A LOT of options for places to stay and we are so pleased you chose us! It was our pleasure accommodating your needs and we will continue to do so in the future.