All reviews underground parking bedroom condo full kitchen three bedroom the penthouse canal park other resorts jacuzzi tub adirondack chairs walk or bike view of the lake lake superior lakeside suite anniversary weekend continental breakfast private patio lift bridge
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a very nice place to stay in Duluth. While it's not the best location, in my opinion, it's still close to Canal Park and the rest of Duluth. Took less than 5 minutes of driving to get to Canal Park. I say that it isn't the best location because nothing is in close walking distance (it's got the lake on one side and the freeway on the other). I'm sure you could take the lakewalk but that would be a long walk for anybody.

The room was huge. We were pleasantly surprised with a true mini kitchen in our room...real serveware, a fridge, sink, microwave, and table to eat at. Everything was clean, the decor was nice, big king sized bed. The bed was very comfortable. Being able to hear (or not hear) noises/other guests is something I consider with hotels - I'd say this one was just fine. Not the best, but by far not the worst.

The pool and hot tub were very nice. We were the only ones in the pool/hot tub area when we were there, which was nice. Seemed pretty clean.

We were shocked when we were told about the underground parking garage that all guests could use at no extra charge. It was so nice, especially since most of the time we were in Duluth it was raining and on the cooler side (not complaining, just saying :) ).

The breakfast was nothing to speak of. I wasn't impressed with it. Not a lot of selection, crappy coffee, no seating area. But what do you expect, I guess, when it's free?

I did like this resort, but I don't know that I'd stay here again if given other choices in Canal Park.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Troy M, Manager at Beacon Pointe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive comment about your vacation at Beacon Pointe Resort. We hope the memories you made here last a lifetime – or at least until you come for your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again at Beacon Pointe Resort.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am a local and I had family come from AK, AZ, MT, and MO for my daughter's wedding. We rented the Penthouse. It was clean, wheelchair accessible, and the service was outstanding! I will recommend this resort to anyone who comes to Duluth! The views are breathtaking and it is right on the lake walk. We took advantage of the bikes and the fire pit on the lake. This is THE place to stay in Duluth

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

It's so nice to see when people come to our facility to spend time with their family from around the country. With you being from the area we know you have A LOT of options for places to stay and we are so pleased you chose us! It was our pleasure accommodating your needs and we will continue to do so in the future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent experience! We checked in, parked in the underground parking lot and unloaded our things into the room with ease. The views of Lake Superior were breathtaking. We had a 3 bedroom condo so everyone in our family had their own room and space to run. The TV in the living room was not working, we called the front desk and they replaced it with a new TV within the hour. We were able to utilize the kitchen to cook a family diner. We played in the pool with our kids. At dusk we cooked S'mores at the outdoor patio, compliments of the resort. The showers were very relaxing because of the multiple jets. At night, we left the windows open with the heat on high to hear the waves, it was extremely peaceful. In the morning they had a standard continental breakfast available. The only complaint was we had two Jacuzzis in which only one worked. We did not notify staff until the next morning but staff was was very apologetic. Overall we left relaxed and we would recommend this resort to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I just want to start by saying thank you for the review of our property and it is so great to hear that you had a such good time! I'm also happy to hear that you took advantage of so many of our amenities. Again we do apologize for the two minor inconveniences you experienced but I want to thank you for notifying us and letting us correct these issues. Come relax with us again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

For the several posts before this one whining about every single thing, don't listen to them! The room was great. Quiet, cozy, can't complain. Who spends that much time in the room anyways? It was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to get the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Beacon Point in mid May for what was supposed to be a weekend. Rather than stay a second night at we had already paid for, we drove home on Saturday evening...
When we arrived at 3 PM on Friday, our room wasn't ready, so we left to find something to do for an hour or so. The young man at the desk seemed indifferent to our being there and didn't offer a time when the room would be ready or any suggestion of area businesses we might be interested in. When we returned an hour and a half later, there was a young lady staffing the reception desk, she checked us in and told us that we could park in front of the building, in the underground garage, "or there might be a lot that you can park in down the road and to the right." There MIGHT be?
When we got to the room, the cleaning crew was just leaving and the smell of Pine-Sol was so strong that we had to open the window for several hours to air it out. (It was a cold and rainy day)

The room was quite small, the bed was old and saggy with an old and tattered bedspread, the bathroom door didn't stay closed, and the room had a wine cooler in place of a regular refrigerator so we were not comfortable leaving food in it.
With a more enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff and a little updating and basic maintenance, this could be a nice place. As it is now, I would not go back.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We are sorry to see that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, it is our goal that every guest experiences a level of service and accommodations that exceeds expectation and we apologize to you for not meeting that goal. If you’ll give us the opportunity to make this right for you, you may contact the General Manager Chris Gaylord through the resort’s “Contact Us” web page. We would appreciate hearing from you directly and encourage you to get in touch. Thank you for being our guest.