Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$117
$75
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Lakes(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$103
Best Western Plus Holland House(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$99
$94
BestWestern.com
Budget Host Inn(Detroit Lakes)
$70
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Detroit Lakes(Detroit Lakes)(Great Value!)
$90
Travelocity
Fair Hills Resort(Detroit Lakes)
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfront desksalad barnice beachstaff was extremely helpfullive musicwalleyewent the extra milefun barfull service hotelon site restaurantroom was cleana great staybalcony overlooking the lakepool areawould stay againboth nightspool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night--we were late in arriving. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. It was 11 when we checked in, so pool and hot tub were closed. We were on the third floor and the room had a window facing the sauna. It was noisy in the hallway that night, in the morning it was noisy from the sauna area. It was mostly housekeepers talking, but the sound really carried. Other than the noise, the room was very clean and the bed was comfy. I would stay again, but maybe try to get a room facing somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Doug_Anselmin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Good Afternoon Connie L., thank you for feedback and apologize that you experienced some noise issues while at the hotel. I have addressed your concerns with all of our staff as your are correct that noise does carry in the pool area. Let me know when you are planning a return trip and I will make sure to get you in a room that is more quiet. We all apreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff and management at the Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes are wonderful! They are very friendly and accommodating. It was -20 degrees during my stay and my rental car did not have a ice scraper/snow brush, but the GM actually went out and scrapped my windows for me! I appreciate good customer service. I hope to come back in the summer when I can enjoy the beautiful scenery!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Theresa S
Doug_Anselmin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Theresa, I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff and their "more than you expect" customer service. And in case you didn't know, when you come back to enjoy the scenery this summer we have bikes, paddle boards, canoes and pontoons available so it is easier to see more of it.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Spent two nights here recently. Had a king room with the whirlpool tub. The room and whirlpool were spacious. The bathroom was a little small but that was not important. The staff were friendly and restaurant was good and very reasonably priced. My only complaint were the other guest. There were hockey tournaments going on in the area. Parents basically spent their time together getting drunk while their kids ran up and down the halls. The hotel was pretty good about dealing with complaints, but there is only so much you can do.

Room Tip: Get the king with the whirlpool.Great lake view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sienna5936
Doug_Anselmin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Sienna5936,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay and also for being so understanding concerning some of the challenges we face here at the hotel. I do apologize that our efforts to curb the "enthusiasm" of the young players fell short. We have made adjustments with staffing levels going forward to address the issue. If you would be kind enough to contact me at the hotel I would like to work something out for you on a return visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Came to Detroit Lakes for business and stayed for two nights . This Hotel is very nice, Clean rooms , Staff was great. Food was Excellent ( I had the Whiskey Steak ! YUMMM! ) This hotel has everything needed for a great time! I was here in the winter and it was fun I`ll bet summer is even more fun.. You wont be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom K
Doug_Anselmin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Mr. Tom K,
Thank you for staying with us on your business travels as well as sharing your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are one of 45 Holiday Inns that were chosen to be part of a restaurant test program and the whiskey sirloin is one of the new items on this menu. We are in our second week with the menu but so far it has been very well received by our customers. And you are absolutely correct when you said "I'll bet summer is even more fun." It is!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay in the Detriot Lakes Holiday Inn from the middle East of October until Thanksgiving, approximately six weeks for work. I found the hotel absolutely fabulous for the value. The hotel is newly renovated and the room I had overlooked Detroit Lake which had an amazing new view every day due to the beautiful sun rises and sun sets. The bar and restaurant were excellent! Great happy hours prices and the food was fabulous. The Sunday buffet is excellent with lake views from the restaurant. The only complaint I had was that the hot tub had way too much chlorine. That's it. This place is awesome.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank dalekeeling
Doug_Anselmin, General Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Good morning dalekeeling, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. Sounds like you had a great stay and we enjoyed having you as our guest. I'll double check on our automated chemical system for our pool area to ensure it"s working as designed so it's ready to go for your next visit.
Respectfully, Douglas Anselmin - GM