We decided to take a different route from Minneapolis back to Winnipeg and from St Cloud took US-10 to Detroit Lakes and from there to Fargo to connect back onto I-29. To our surprise US-10 is a 4 lane highway and not as busy as I-94. The Holland House has two buildings and we were in the Building at the back which is farther from the main street the hotel is located on and is a bit quieter. There is a main railway line that parallels the main street and there is quite a bit of rail traffic at night which may bother some people. I sleep well and did not have a problem with the trains going by. The staff were very hospitable and the breakfast menu was good, you have to walk across to the main building for breakfast. The room we had was comfy and lots of space a bit dated but clean and with flat screen tv. The front desk will also lend you dvd movies to watch in your room if you like at no charge with is a nice touch ! There are two computers available in the lobby to use with printer. Although we did not use the pool / hot tub area it looked nice as we
wanted to see what it was like as we will most likely stay at this hotel again should we be in the area. All in All a good place to stay. I rated location average as the proximity to Railway line
may bother some people.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Holland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Holland House Hotel Detroit Lakes
- Best Western Detroit Lakes
- Detroit Lakes Best Western
- Best Western Holland Hotel