“great service, tasty food”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #32 of 55 Restaurants in Detroit Lakes
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stopped off at this restaurant as we were late in setting off to Fargo. we were greetd by Melanie who was extremely helpful & friendly. I ordered the potato pancakes with crispy bacon & they were delicious, My husband ordered the Club with fries. The portions were quite large & he could not finish the fries - very unusual for him! We did have to wait a long time for the food & it seemed as if there were only 2 peopl eserving in the restaurant. I would go back there.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I thought I'd give them a second chance even though it was bad a year ago. Both times service was incredibly slow ... Took almost 20 minutes to get coffee. When the food came ... My pancake plate had griddle grease on it. Yum. My fruit was rock hard (underripe) and tasted like DIRT! The icing on the cake .... Filthy bathrooms. There was a thick layer of dust on the handrails inside the stall. I'm scared of what the kitchen looks like if they can't be bothered to clean the restrooms. I WILL NEVER EAT HERE AGAIN

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We've all been to Perkins.....right? This place greets you with sincere friendly service the second you walk in. They don't over do it but treat you polite and calm. The food is always good and quick even when it's real busy. Like many places, the prices have gone up. They do try to push promotions a little hard. It's in a great location right of hwys 59 and 10. The breakfasts are bomb anytime of day and they get you in and out at the pace you need. We always go back.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped at Perkins on our way through because there was a mixed crowd in the party. It was after 1 pm, the typical lunch rush on a Friday so we thought it would be a good time. We waited at the host station for about five minutes before we were seated, and this was the theme for the meal. Slow at taking our orders, slow on refills, slow on food. I would be understanding if the restaurant was busy, but it wasn't. I'm not sure if they cut staff too soon or what.
Despite the slow service our server was very friendly and the food was good, Perkins has the best pancakes in, in my opinion.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We met some family members for breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpfull. The place was very busy and they told us it might take a while for our food. The food came in a timely manner. We were not rushed and was able to visit as long as we wanted.