“Soul Sister Reunion”

Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Detroit Lakes
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This was my second stay at The Lodge. The first time was in late June of 2010 with the family, this time with a group of girls from the class of 1984. Both stays were excellent. This time we had one of the family suites; it had plenty of room for 7 adults, the kitchen was more than adequate for our needs, and the staff was always kind, courteous, and helpful. We all visited The Spa Within while we were there, too. I look forward to the next time I can sneak away to stay at this facility. I highly recommend it to many.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 14, 2011

Our organization recently held a 2-day board retreat at The Lodge on Lake Detroit and it was a great experience for us. For anyone who has planned any sort of business conference, you know the details that go into the planning. The staff was easy to work with - from the food to the room set up to technology, they were right there to help us every step of the way. I would highly recommend the Lodge on Lake Detroit for business meetings. The Lodge is obviously very beautiful and you feel great the minute you walk into the lobby. Consider it for your next business function.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2011

The Lodge on Lake Detroit cannot be beat for affordability, service or comfort! We celebrated our 25th anniversary there and were charmed by the warmth and beauty of the lobby, the artful touches in the guest room and the caring attitude of the staff. The pampering we received at The Spa Within was icing on the cake. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I just again stayed at" The Lodge on Lake Detroit "in Detroit Lakes Minnesota with friends. The Lodge is a very clean, cozy, beautiful hotel decorated in a north woodsy style that will calm any weary traveler. I also took advantage of the pool and the wonderful "Spa Within" which is another great attraction of the Lodge itself. The entire staff is very professional and takes care to ensure that you feel very pampered as their special guest. I highly recommend this destination as a great place to meet friends to enjoy the hotel and the vacation area it is set in. Great JOB Lodge staff! oh and let me also say it is within a mile of the Fireside restaurant a place that has been open for many years and has wonderful food which makes it better.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Our son was married in Detroit Lakes on New Years Day 2011. We stayed at the Lodge for 4 nights, my elderly parents in one room, my son and his fiancee in another room that adjoined our suite. The rooms were large and comfortable. We really enjoyed entertaining in the suite.

There were two major blizzards in two days leading up to the wedding. While the hotel had required a two night minimum for New Year's Eve, and a 72 hour cancellation, they were unbelievably kind about allowing guests that could not make it to cancel without penalty. At one point all highways were closed into Detroit Lakes.

My only complaint was checkout was very long as I asked to have my son's room moved to my bill and some computer glitch caused this to take about 30 minutes!

We ate there one night, "appetizers" in the bar/lobby area. There were five of us and only one person to make them. It took about 30 minutes and we got them one at a time, but they were pretty good.

Would love to come back without the blizzards, but the hotel did a great job taking care of us!

In the suite, your bedroom is on the side of the trains. I'm a very light sleeper and did hear them at night. If you had a regular room, I don't think you would hear them at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We were traveling from Duluth/Superior to Fargo on December 30, 2010 and were caught in a severe blizzard. We had left between noon & 1 & only made it as far as Detroit Lakes by 6 pm! They ended up closing the roads west of there so we could go no further. The front desk staff @ The Lodge were very accommodating and we had a room in less than 15 mins! We had a jacuzzi room that was beautiful! Unfortunately, the jacuzzi didn't work, but we were immediately moved to another room. The bar had appetizers & frozen pizzas available & we were happy to enjoy wine & pizza & finally be able to relax! The next morning the roads were still closed so we requested the room for another night & they were, again, very accommodating. When we found the roads were actually open, we were able to cancel the additional night with no cost! Thank you to Glory, Karl, the night manager & the front desk person Friday morning (sorry we don't remember your name!) for making a frazzled day turn into a relaxing night!! We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed October 28, 2010

If you are in Detroit Lakes MN, this is the place to stay!!! I would recomend this place to anyone. My only regret is that I didn't get to enjoy their spa services. Hopefully I can next time!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN
Best Western Plus Holland House
Best Western Plus Holland House
#2 of 10 in Detroit Lakes

Been to Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit? Share your experiences!