“Absolutely, unbelievably, ridiculously, outrageously delicious pizza!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zorbaz Pizza & Mexican Restaurant

Zorbaz Pizza & Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Pub, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fargo, North Dakota
“Absolutely, unbelievably, ridiculously, outrageously delicious pizza!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have heard for DECADES, many people of all ages, talk about what a great place this is. Right across the street from the sandy beach, "on the strip," party spot in DL. I have even walked by on several occasions, but for some weird combination of unknown reasons, never at the right time, in the right mood for food.

My girlfriend and I were with another couple, checking out the fall colors at Maplewood State Park on a saturday afternoon, enroute to listen to a favorite band playing in DL that night. The other couple had eaten at Zobaz before and said it was really good so we decided to do dinner there.

Pretty much left my party days behind, and thought the atmosphere was something I might have really enjoyed in my 20s, but not so much any more. It's a VERY C-A-S-U-A-L sports bar type venue with indoor and outdoor seating along with LOTS of TV screens and LOUD music. (yes, I know, it's NOT the music, I'm just getting OLD) The place was very busy (but not packed) at 8PM on a saturday night and the service was very friendly, helpful, fast and efficient.

The menu was fairly extensive, with lots of different varieties of appetisers, mexican dishes, and pizzas. -I- was in a SERIOUS MOOD for PIZZA, but something DIFFERENT, not just run of the mill "meatlovers." The other couple said they liked the mexican/taco pizza, (which I just don't care for) and also the Greek style pizza, which instantly got my attention. After reading the menu description, I was not only intrigued, but determined to give it a try, so ordered a small 10 inch pie, and as far as I am concerned NO pizza is worth eating unless it has EXTRA cheese on it. I initially thought 18 bucks was pretty darn pricey for a small pizza and a fountain coke.

The rest of the group decided on something more standard in the form of just plain pepperoni. It seamed like it only took about 10 minutes but it MUST have been closer to 15 minutes until the pizza arrived at out table. I used to eat A LOT of pizza, spent 7 years slinging them at my older brother's pizza shop, from when I was age 12 through 19, and started/ran my OWN pizza shop on the west coast for a couple of years in 05/06, so I am a pretty picky connoisseur of pizza.

Enough of the lead in BS/details. PLEASE RE-READ THE TITLE OF THIS REVIEW.

Zorbaz on the Lake, in Detroit Lakes Minnesota, has, in its "Zorba the Greek" specialty pizza, THE MOST INSANELY DELICIOUS, INCREDIBLY FLAVORFUL PIZZA I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

I am SO PO'd at myself for having missed out on it for this long!!! It is EASILY one of the top 10, and very likely in the top 5, of the most delicious, mouthwatering, flavorful, and satisfying meals in 55 years. GO THERE.... NOW..... EAT.....ENJOY!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

winnipeg
“Zorbaz restaurant- what more can I say (Detroit Lakes, MN)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Zorbaz pizza not just famous for pizza but an ideal location situated across from and overlooking the beautiful Detroit lakes beach front. Zorbaz is located at the corner of the main strip (drag) and appears to be a local watering hole for all ages. It is certainly a nice authentic tradition to start with family or while vacationing the area with others.
The walls are plastered with memorabilia of pictures and articles of celebrities that have passed through. You can either dine inside or outdoors where they have torches lit at night, a lighted palm tree, music playing and even karoake contests on some nights. Zorbaz is open late night and offers great pizza at reasonable prices and a wide range of drinks served at the bar. You cant miss the neon ZORBAZ'S sign as you come around the corner.
The little tourist town of Detroit Lakes is also home to the world famous annual Country Music WE festival, has a fantastic baseball diamond, a moderate mall, historical downtown shopping, movie theater, wonderful beach area and a fantastic campground called American Legion Campground also situated along the strip and the beach. (clean, quiet, family owned, showers, h20 and electrical hookup, fire pits and on site mini mart.) Have been visiting Detroit Lakes and surrounding areas for 30 years since I was a teenager..
Legion campground, Zorbaz, the beach, Shooting Star are some favorite pastimes that continue thrive.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MsBeaton
Fargo, North Dakota
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

So much fun. Great bands each night we were there. Really good food and drinks. Fun atmosphere- something different.

Visited August 2012
Gunnison, Colorado
“Macho Nacho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went for lunch & because we were both very hungry, we decided to get the "full" order of Macho Nacho. ( $14.50 ) When it arrived , we knew we should have ordered the smaller size!!! ( $11.95 ) It was enough for 4 people, not two! Best nachos we have ever eaten! We ordered the 1/2 chicken & 1/2 meat - Crisp tortillas, taco meat, chicken, black olives, red onions, cilantro, ,jalapenos, cheddar & jack cheeses served with homemade salsa. Delicious! We returned one evening for their pizza & were not disappointed! We had their Zorbaz Zuper pizza. It came with pepperoni, ground beef, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage, mushrooms, red onions, black & green olives, tomatoes, green peppers, & extra cheeses. Sauerkraut & pineapple if you wanted for no extra charge. Couldn't ask for more! We got the medium & had leftovers. Crispy crust & not too heavy. They have several sizes of this pizza : personal ( $8.70 ) small ( $14.85 ) medium ( $22.20 ) & large ( $26.05 ) I'm getting hungry just thinking of their food! Fun decor, friendly atmosphere, great food! Don't miss out eating here if you are in Detroit Lakes.

• Visited September 2012
Minot, North Dakota
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Amazing! Pizza was outstanding! Loved the outside dining.food was hot,tasty,and priced right. EnJoyed t
He wHole atmosphere.