“Nice Hotel and Location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Detroit Lakes
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Detroit Lakes
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed here one night on a business trip and it was not my first time there. I always choose this hotel because I've never been disappointed with the staff, the rooms, the pool and the hot tub. The breakfast room is also very good.
Check-in was fast and easy and the room smelled fresh and clean. The location is easy to get to; right off the highway and a short walk to Detroit Lake.
I will return here every time I have business in the Detroit Lakes area!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Detroit Lakes

Reviewed June 14, 2014

After staying at this hotel, I have learned to pay a little more for a hotel that has at least a 4 star review. First thing we noticed right off the bat was that the hotel staff was not friendly or welcoming at all, just did what they needed to in order to check us in and out. No smiles or "have a nice stay". Room was very outdated but that was the least of our disgust.. both bedskirts has stains all across them, there was a dead fly in one of the frames above the beds, floors behind beds were filthy and last but not least we found a bed bug by the TV stand.. had we found any in the beds we would have been out of there faster than you know.. Also (unfortunately) after we used the hot tub that evening we discovered a diaper in the filter of the hot tub.... Highly do NOT recommend this hotel . . worst experience I have had by far.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Although my stay was OK this hotel is very dated. The rooms still have old brass rail headboards and a archaic tube TV with no sleep timer..I had no pen or paper in the room and had to keep getting my room cards reprogrammed each day..The outside grounds need some clean up and repairs, the fence around the garbage is broke and laying on the ground.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stay at Country Inn &Suites as our first choice. This one is very nice. Only issue was that we had the two room suite. There is no ventilation between the rooms so we had to have the heat up too much to heat the second room and keep the door open. Other than gnat it was very nice

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank C
Reviewed November 17, 2013

we got a two room suite (Room 200). The non bedroom consisted of a pull-out sofa which was absolutely impossible to sit on because it sloped to the middle so bad. Also had cigarette burn in a no-smoking room. There was also a small table and two chairs. Basically, a waste of the room (and waste of money). The place needs a serious remodel. Carlson used to mean quality. Afraid thy have really slipped in the quality department.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Detroit Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall a satisfactory stay. The breakfast was good! Staff was friendly and helpful, but the WiFi only worked for me in the lobby and down the hallway. As soon as I closed the door to the room, the signal was gone.

Room Tip: If we stay there again, I'll go for the second floor so no one needs to be walking overhead.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here during a work trip to Detroit Lakes area. The hotel is easy to find, and a great supper club, the Fireside is about 1/2 mile from the hotel. Rooms are simple and clean. Mini fridge and microwave in my room. My room faced the front of the hotel, and there is a train track nearby, but seriously, I did not find it annoying or disruptive. A/C worked well. My room was very quiet and I had a good night sleep! I plan to stay here on future trips to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Budget Host Inn
Budget Host Inn
#8 of 10 in Detroit Lakes
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Detroit Lakes? Share your experiences!