“Amazing Resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dent
East Silent Lake Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Dent
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
“Amazing Resort”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this resort in August of this year. It was an absolutely AMAZING time. The grounds are beautifully manicured and the beach area is gorgeous. They have morning AND afternoon scheduled activities that kids of all ages can take part in, free of charge. My kids went to EVERY session and enjoyed every single activity. Some of the activities were human launch, torpedo rides, miniature horse drawn carriage rides, sand castle building contest, snow cones, scavenger hunt, resort olympics, human hamster ball rides in the water (I don't know the official name, but my kids loved it), and various other activities. They have paddle boats, canoes, and kayaks available for guests to use. In addition, they provided a ice cream sundae social, early morning pontoon ride with coffee and muffins, and farwell BBQ. The cabins are clean, up-to-date, and very nicely decorated. But most of all, the family that owns and runs this resort is so friendly and accommodating. They have a ton of guests every week, but made an effort to call me and my kids by name. No request, large or small, was too much to ask. Thank you for an amazing vacation, and my kids and I are looking forward to next year's stay that we already have booked!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S2013_Julie

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family has been going to this resort for 55 years and I was even married on the beach! I can't say enough good things about this resort. It is a great place to vacation for both the young and older families. Can't wait until next year! Thanks for the wonderful memories and great service you provide to each and every guest.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Hattan09
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a fabulous family owned and operated resort. We have been going every Summer for several years and plan to continue for many more. We found this resort by accident online and have been more than pleased. The cabins, lodge, beach and grounds are clean and well maintained. The family and staff are professional and friendly, offering excellent consumer-focused service. The lake is gorgeous. There is swimming, fishing, boating, tubing, etc. There are family friendly activities available most mornings and afternoons. Despite all the activity, the resort remains peaceful and relaxing. The family and staff are the key to our enjoyment. This annual experience has built lifelong memories for our family.
As a side note, one of our party has significant allergies to animals and I appreciate the fact that "no pets" really means no pets ever. It makes it that much safer and enjoyable for our family.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Vicky M
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been visiting East Silent for more than 3 years now, with my family and every time has been a great experience for all and has only gotten better each year since. It is something that I look forward to every year... Such a great time to be with family on a peaceful and relaxing setting. It has many fun activities for young children, such as pony rides, snow cone making, torpedo boat rides, the launch/blob, etc. And also has many adult activities as well. There are nights for a bonfire with s'mores and ice cream every week. Early morning coffee pontoon rides on the beautiful lake this resort snuggles up to. They always have a list of laminated activities for the week, day by day...so you can plan your stay better.

The Cabins and land care, including the beach area, are always clean and well taken care of. The family that owns/runs this resort is beyond kind, and seem to truly care about your stay. I have heard them offer to guests whatever they can to make their stay more comfortable.

I very much enjoy the quiet time sitting by the picnic table or beach and reading a good book, or just watching the activities, such as the kids playing on the beach, or sand volleyball... My family and I always have a great time with a rousing game of Bocce Ball!

I LOVE EAST SILENT RESORT!

Room Tip: My family and I have stayed in the 'Bear Den' for many years and enjoyed it very much! It is...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelsey B
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2012

OMG…..I too am shocked at the horrible review listed below. This resort is family owned and they are the friendliest and most accommodating people; they’re all about customer service, pleasing their guests and making sure your stay is comfortable. No pets allowed, means NO pets…my sister ‘sneaks’ her cat in wherever they go; could this have been the case with the 10lb. lapdog? We have a dog and inquired if it was a 'pet friendly' resort, smoking wasn’t in fine print either but common sense told us to ask. Our experience with the owners and staff was superb so I’m inclined to believe this is a one-sided appalling comment from someone not wanting to follow the rules. It's nice walking around barefoot without stepping in dog pooh, or being approached by an unfamiliar dog or finding animal hair or 'accidents' in the immaculate cabins.

This was our first visit to East Silent Lake Resort (Sept. 2012). As always, we were apprehensive because we booked on-line (you never know what you’re getting until you get there). The resort ‘exceeded’ our expectations. We booked after Labor Day so the resort was quiet, it was the most relaxing vacation we’ve had. The grounds are impeccably manicured, beautiful flowers, a well groomed sandy beach, paddle boats, canoe and kayaks available for guests at no charge, a great cleaning hut for us fishermen, another hut with ice, minnows and night-crawlers…. It’s all on the ‘honor’ system; we haven’t seen that in a very long long time. The cabins are immaculate (clean, clean, clean, no cat or dog hair, no cobwebs on the outside eve’s and the windows literally sparkle). We’ve already booked our 2013 vacation stay. I HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone. As one review reads “The service they provide is unlike any I've experienced at other resort or vacation rental”.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B
Nick L, Owner at East Silent Lake Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for your review Dan! It was a pleasure hosting you and your family. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in 2013!
Madison, South Dakota
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have stayed at East Silent Resort for a week in June the last 2 years and have plans to go again in 2012. I can't say enough about this family run resort. Our kids love all the planned activities (snow cones, colored bubbles, horse rides, etc.). We all love relaxing by the beautiful beach and we have been so thankful for the boat rides and tube/banana experience. The small cabins offer everything you need. The resort has a great fire pit for a late night smore and the small store always has the coffee brewing for the early risers. I can't say enough about this resort!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephanie K
Steph, thanks for your review! We're so glad you enjoy all the activities East Silent Resort has to offer. I recall your family taking advantage of the arts and crafts and all the water activities, including the human launch, the torpedo rides, and the tubing. We love keeping those little ones busy! Thanks again.
Glencoe, Minnesota
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Our stays over the at East Silent have been awesome!! The kids ask all year long, "when are we going to the resort?" The resort is clean, the staff is friendly and inviting and the cabins are comfortable and relaxing. It is always an wonderful week full of family fun for us at East Silent. I would recommend this resort to families of all ages!!

Room Tip: All cabins were great and updated.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dent
Best Western Premier The Lodge on Lake Detroit
Thumper Pond Resort
Thumper Pond Resort
#1 of 2 in Ottertail
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN

Been to East Silent Lake Resort? Share your experiences!