“Superb all rounder”

The Black Swan Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A charming English pub with its very own wildflower duck pond, situated in the pretty village of Hollins Green, in the area of Rixton with Glazebrook, The Black Swan Pub is nestled in a perfect setting for all its visitors. With a friendly atmosphere, fine food, new top spec venue rooms and comfortable boutique bedrooms, The Black Swan is a great place to dine, drink and dream. The Black Swan is ideally located for business meetings, business lunches and parties, with free Wi-Fi, conference facilities, and easy access to both Northbank Industrial Estate and transport links to the City Centre. The 14 beautifully furnished bedrooms make the pub a great choice for a weekend stay with easy access to the Trafford Centre, Football Stadiums, Salford Reds Stadium, both Salford and Manchester City Centres, Gulliver's World and as several racecourses. But if you don’t want to go anywhere, you can relax in the beer garden, feed the ducks or go for a walk around the local area and spend your evening being entertained in the pub.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Superb all rounder”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have eaten here a few times now and every time the service and the food has been brilliant. Went for Sunday lunch last time and as usual was very pleased with everything. The restaurant is slightly separate from the pub area but you can dine in the pub section if you wish. The menu is varied and covers all tastes including vegetarian and children. There is a large selection of wines on offer and the choice of having a smaller portion if you wish.
Both bar and waiting staff were friendly and efficient and even though we hadn't booked and the place was very busy we were seated and served quickly . There is a lovely garden area with a play area for the children and a small duck pond which is very pleasant.
They have special events/evenings throughout the year with good acts which seem well planned and organised. All round good place for all ages. Good food, good ambiance, good service, and varied selection of food and drink definitely not plastic 'dinged' food I will definitely return and recommend

• Visited October 2013

Elham, United Kingdom
“Simply Fantastic”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have just stayed here for two nights and have had a fantastic stay from the moment I walked through the door and was met by a lovely lady from the management team who welcomed me and showed me to my excellent room (more of which later). The staff were extremely pleasant and attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The standard of furniture / fittings and the cleanliness of all the public areas was extremely high. I had dinner with two friends on the Friday evening and the quality, presentation of the food and wine was of very high quality. The prices were also extremely good especially for the quality and setting. The standard befroom in which I stayed was a really lovely cosy and well furnished room. The bathroom and all areas again very clean. I spoke with a member of the senior management team and it was clear there was a real passion in her and the management and other members of the staff to try as much as possible to ensure that all guests and indeed anyone using the hotel for drinks, meals etc have the best time. I stay at many hotels and it reminded me of a 5 star hotel in the manner of its professionalism. Now if I continue other people will book and stay here and I might not be able to book further visits (which actually I already have) so disregard the above. Continue booking Premier Inns at a higher rate so I can enjoy the Black Swan .

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Update ... terrible service.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My last review was entitled 'Definitely coming back here' ... and I did. Unfortunately, it was a complete let-down. We waited over an hour for our meals and the service was dire. At one point, we were trying to attract the attention of a waitress, without success, as 4 of them were stood by the till, with their backs to the restaurant, chatting amongst themselves. I had to go over and ask for some service. I believe the place is going to be training students from a local high school ... well don't expect 'A' grade passes from them!!

• Visited September 2013
Black Swan R, General Manager at The Black Swan Restaurant, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I am firstly sorry for the delayed reply to yours and other comments posted in the last few weeks. Unfortunately we have only just got access back to our page.

Mr Hayes, reading your post upset me greatly, especially as you had written such a nice review previously. I want to apologise to your and your guests for the service you received. This is not what you or any other customer of The Black Swan should experience and needs rectifying with the upmost urgency.

We are currently in the process of implementing a new training program to ensure from the top down everyone is working to the same high standards. Yes we are looking at assisting the college with young learners development and last year we helped find employment and training for 2 young people on apprenticeship schemes. We currently have 12 individuals on NVQ apprenticeships and following your comments i need to ensure that they are utilising everything they are learning.

Once again I am very sorry for your experience and i would like you to contact me directly at the pub if you wish to discuss this further and i would also like some more information about your visit if possible.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor disappointing experience”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have always wanted to try this pub after hearing good reports and driving past frequently it looks very appealing.
We were shown to a table by the waitress which was reserved for us at 7.30 I sat opposite my partner then when the drinks came I decided to change seats and sit on the bench next to him I stood up and discovered I had chewing gum stuck allover the back of my jeans which I had sat on the chair! To my embarrassment I then hurried to the ladies to try to remove what was stuck allover my jeans! 20 mins later I returned to inform the waitress to which she replied "that's disgusting" and removed the chair to behind the bar. Meanwhile we ordered starters lwhich included a Luke warm soup then the mains which my partner had asked for no salad to which the waitress suggested extra mushrooms instead. The steak then came with the salad which we sent back then came back with the mushrooms that were then raw to which we sent back again then the steak just came back on its own to which the waitress advised us they would be a few minutes we finally gave up and refused them. They offered to take 25 % off the bill but when it finally came they took off a measly 5 pounds from a 50 pounds plus bill! We were prepared to pay this sort of money for an enjoyable meal and experience but unfortunately the experience was what you would expect from a two for ten sort of pub not a country Cheshire pub as described on their website staff were obviously not bothered and didn't see any sign of management very dissatisfied and disappointed

1 Thank Glaze29
“Fantastic accommodation with welcoming helpful staff and great food”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night and were extremely impressed all round - we are well travelled and have stayed in many places but for price this beats them all - our bedroom was bordering on luxurious and spotless and huge bed when we were just expecting a standard double! beautiful fittings and fixtures and first class. Breakfast lovely with hot plates and well presented. The two managers were charming - will definitely come again :-)