“Pretty disappointing as we have heard good things and seek authentic Mexican food...”
Review of Mucho Amigo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mucho Amigo
Cuisines: Mexican
Mound, Minnesota
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The decor and place is ok... obviously converted from an Irish Pub into a Mexican Cantina... but there was no Pot of Gold left over. The owner was at the bar where we ate and his attitude was NOT friendly.. and service was dreadfully slow... even though the place was almost empty. Food was about average and so was the pricing but the Margaritas were almost like lime Koolaid.... And we just did not feel welcomed. Too bad as we drove 20 miles to get there and it they did not make it worth it to come back. Disappointed is the best way to classify our first visit.

• Visited April 2013

Minneapolis
“Piece meal restaurant”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The furnishings look like they are different tables and chairs that have been collected from garage saes, give aways, and someone's grandmother's house. The food is almost average but do not expect the wait staff to refill your drink, check on you, or retrieve anything extra that is requested.

Visited January 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Hope it was a lemon expirience, but I'm not going back”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We went fairly soon after it opened so I am hoping they have improved. But after we were sat it took 30 minutes before we were brought 1 menu for 7 of us to share. Then we ordered and waited over another 30 minutes for the food to come out. I don't mind waiting for good food but what arrived was some of the worst chicken nachos I have ever had.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank NachoMan55359
Elk River, Minnesota
“True Mexican flavor, huge portions!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stopped in because I needed a spot for a quick meeting, after my meeting I ordered one carnitas burrito for a snack. My food came very quickly and covered the entire plate, the filling was terrific, pork was tender with crispy edges and obviously was sloooow cooked then grilled, onions & peppers were grilled just right, spices were true Mexican all wrapped up in a fresh flour tortilla covered with sauce and topped with fresh chopped lettuce, tomato onion and cilantro! At first I thought it was too much too eat, I figured I’d eat half and have half for a snack later but once I started eating I could not bring myself to stop! The best thing was this lunch was really fresh with noting pre made. I’m in Delano often and will make this a regular stop to work my way thru the extensive menu. Oh, when I paid my bill it was 5 bucks! what a deal! It included fresh chips and salsa which was terrific as well I wish I could have taken some home with me, you just cannot buy it this way in a store! Stop in the Owner’s name is Lupe, very friendly.

• Visited August 2011
Waverly, Minnesota
“Good Mexican food”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

In the spot of a previous restaurant so they didn't seem to have done a lot to change the decor. There is a definite "Mexican" feel with decorations/accessories. Typical Mexican fare, but the food was good and plentiful. The wait staff was attentive and very friendly but not overbearing. We'll go back.

• Visited September 2011