“Had Higher Expectations”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Crosslake
Minnesota
“Had Higher Expectations”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent 2 nights here in August 2011 and I must say I had higher expectations. We look forward to a nice hot tub soak after a day of bike riding but the hot tub was too cold to enjoy. The beds in our queen room were not comfortable. We did enjoy the location and the look of the property but would probably not return. The price was rather high for the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank RansRider

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I called to book a room for a wedding block and the block was full as well as the hotel, so I asked if I could be put on a waiting list. I was called within a week asking if I was still interest in having a stay at the lodge. I was so stoked and gave all my information to the lady right away including my email, credit card info, address, phone. I immediately received an email with a clear confirmation of my check in date, check out date, amount of room and explanation of room I had reserved. Time had passed and it was my check in date yay! I called to see if I could check in early and they said,"you dont have a reservation." I hung up to check my email to find they spelt my last name wrong, so I felt there still was hope. I gave the man on the phone Luke my confirmation number and the spelling they used for my last name and he still said, "You dont have a room." I asked to talk to someone else and he said," You are already talking with the manager." To make a long story shorter they didnt do anything to combensate for what they put me threw and for what I never got. Totally upset after driving hundreds of miles away. The least they could have done was given me a discounted stay for the future.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank kristinakallio
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel offers rooms for pets, has a small pool & hot tub (but not over-chlorinated), has a beautiful lobby, fireplace and kitchenette in the suites, free voucher for breakfast at the neighboring restaurant. Our stay was COMPLETELY QUIET despite all the rooms around us being occupied. The exhaust vent in the bathroom basically didn't work and the tub was clogged but after mentioning the tub to front desk it got fixed. The fold-out couch was really comfortable to sleep on but the king-sized bed wasn't so much. The hotel is only 6 years old so everything is nice and new.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank MoBeaux
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2009

For the most part, our room was ok. With a recession discount of $79 a night (you have to ask for it) we got what we expected. Two queens, fresh towels daily, TV with a limited cable hookup. We had to ask for a bar of soap every day which was weird and there were no little bathroom amenities - asked for a shower cap at the reception desk but there were none. Breakfast was good. It's at the nearby restaurant and a step up from the waffle/yogurt you usually get in a hotel breakfast room.

But...what thin walls this place has!!!! We were there for three nights and the first two we just waited for the herd of children staying above us to quiet about 10:30 - 11 PM. On the third night they just kept going. And going. (I travel with ear plugs but the family was so noisy they did little good.) We asked the receptionist to speak to them but nothing changed. Just stompstompstomp till the wee hours. The loud TV in the next room just made matters worse.

We have stayed at the Whitefish Lodge down the road and it is a huge jump up in quality. While in town, we found out they were running a special too ($89/nt) so we could have done much better. And we will stay there in the future.

Be aware too that semis can be parked at the gas station on the same lot as the Pine Peaks and run for a long time.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank travelbug356
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed here for a family reunion long weekend. Other family members stayed at other lodges/condos in the area. Our stay was fabulous and the breakfast that was included was the best when compared to our other family's accomodations! Their restaraunt makes fabulous breakfast with generous portions!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LoneStarBartons
Burnsville, Minnesota
Reviewed May 8, 2009

All the amenities in a clean well run facility. 2 Room Suite included a hot breakfast in the adjacent restaurant which was equally clean and inviting. While this is a newer facility, it has been designed to feel "rustic". Convenient to nearby Army Corp Park, Golf course and specialty shops in the nearby Crosslake village. Also accommodate small pets up to 20 lbs.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TJFogelberg
Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We just spent the weekend at this new and wonderful hotel. We were in the area for a wedding. They even had a welcoming board in the lobby to welcome the different groups of people staying at their hotel that weekend.

The staff is above and beyond the best I have ever experienced; friendly, polite, and very helpful with recommendations for food and places to go. Their rooms are amazing; spacious for a hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable; and they even spent the extra money to get fitted sheets for their beds - awesome in my opinion.

The free breakfast that they offer at the restuarant could not be beat. Such a great idea to offer it over there instead of a continental breakfast in the lobby. And the fact that kids eat free at the restuarant, saved us big money.

I will recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and will definately be back to spend more time here. Thanks for a great weekend - you guys are awesome!!!!!

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — not a very good view out the front
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MNmama40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crosslake
Whitefish Lodge and Suites
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake
#2 of 3 in East Gull Lake
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Baxter
Comfort Suites Rapid River Lodge

Been to Pine Peaks Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!