“The Wharf is where it's at for an outdoor summer drink & a chat on WFC”
Review of The Wharf

The Wharf
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Crosslake
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenwich, Connecticut
“The Wharf is where it's at for an outdoor summer drink & a chat on WFC”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

In the two weeks I spend on the Whitefish Chain every summer, I visit the Wharf at least 5 times, if not more. The food is unremarkable, but it's they place to be on a sunny day when everyone is out & about. You can sit outside in a casual atmosphere, have a cocktail and a chat, and watch everyone cruising by in the channel. It's heaven, frankly.

Traditionally, I get the walleye caesar salad and a margarita, and my daughter gets the mini corn dogs. You can't get walleye where I live, so this is one of my favorite lunches!

Crosslake, Minnesota
“Fun Watching the boats”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The location is great and it was fun people watching the boats! The food was ok, but your going to pay. The staff was friendly.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Mary Ann B
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good spot after a long boat ride”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Tasty chicken drummies and Long Island teas. Decent Bloody Mary and prime rib sandwich. Good spot if you are looking for a casual meal after or during a boat trip. Servers were friendly.

Mpls
“S.O.S Mayday, Mayday”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Usually when you hear or read the words and or initials mentioned above you would think somebody is in trouble. Good guess if you're making the mistake to dine and or drink here. Which is a real tragedy when you've got a fine place for boat watching( I'm trying to keep this review family friendly). Which isn't going to be easy. Picture this vision in your mind, it's the 4th of July weekend, the place is packed and the kitchen is almost dormant. Kinda sends up a red flag. Opted for a mojito for a B-day drink, worst one I've ever had. This place could be the absolute "If I don't stop here for a pint and a snack, bad karma is coming my way" thing to do when you're up here in the Cross Lake chain of lakes. The interior of the place has that classic northwoods decor that defines what trips"up north" mean as far as the experience. And intel I've gathered from a reliable source confirms what Ms CandiseJade34 described in her review. I guess what really put me off about the is when my brother spotted a field mouse in the men's room. Not a good thing when said place is a little too close to kitchen for my soul. My wish is that if a change in mgmt. and or owners happens they will read this . To those who wrote about having a pleasant experience, somebody"upstairs was looking out for you. It's a bloody shame because this place has the potential to be something awesome. Ok I'll get off my soapbox now.

1 Thank sconehunter
“Worth the atmosphere but don't eat there.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The atmosphere was fun and lots of seating available. I first ordered the prime rib and was told 5 minutes later they were out. Reordered and asked for the 6 oz sirloin with lobster bisque soup, potatoes au gratin and mixed vegetables. The soup arrived after a considerable time waiting and I found two bugs in it. They replaced it. When my dinner arrived the steak looked charred and no bigger than 3 oz when I ordered it medium and it was well done. The potatoes were amazing but the vegetables were cold. All together three strikes out.

4 Thank CandiseJade34