Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast
Ruttger's Bay Lake Lodge(Deerwood)(Great Value!)
$125
$73
Whitefish Lodge and Suites(Crosslake)(Great Value!)
$211
$134
$111
$88
$110
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Nordic Inn last weekend. Looking for excitement and we found it. The host, Steinarr, did a phenomenal job of entertaining 3 couples from varied backgrounds. He kept the conversation flowing and was humorous. Our room was clean and spacious. Provided homemade soap which was a nice touch (we don't like commercial soaps). It was cool to be a Viking for a night. The custom crafted homemade oatmeal stout, wine and mead helped to reduce stress levels. The pork roast was delectable! Grateful to eat healthy and sustainable foods. Additionally, we played a creative adventure game which my wife thoroughly enjoyed. It is best if you arrive with an open mind and positive focus and allow yourself to be in the moment. Thor the Great Dane is also worthy of mention. It was fun to chat with the host who is passionate and truly a fine man who is fearless and diplomatic yet tells a good dirty joke as well as clean ones. We appreciated the hash and muffins at breakfast. Definitely ate well. I cannot think of any criticism to share. Would love to stay here again. Liked the host's personal philosophy of life and his ability to savor and live without apology. Legendary, memorable, fun, and we would recommend to anyone who has a good sense of humor!

Room Tip: We stayed in Jarl's Den. It would be fun to stay in Odin's Loft or the lockerroom also.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at the Nordic Inn this past weekend. We had a blast! The host is great; it was a lot of fun sitting around the lounge and joking (and drinking) with the other guests. The food (both the evening meal and breakfast) was fantastic. Huge portions, incredibly tasty.

This is not your typical B&B. When you arrive, there are costumes to put on. The decor ranges from historical to wacky. Table utensils consist of forged daggers, and eating with one's hands is encouraged. Our bed was in a Viking ship! We also had a big jacuzzi hot tub in our enormous private bath (we stayed in "Oden's Loft"). The town of Crosby has antique malls all along Main Street, for some interesting shopping. Overall I highly recommend the Nordic Inn for couples looking for something a little (or a lot) different. Skol!

Room Tip: Oden's Loft is the best room IMO. It's not completely private (the Viking ship, where you sleep, more or less hangs over the lounge). But it has a rather large private bath room and separate toilet room, if you need to get away from everyone. My second favorite room was "Freya's Boudoir."
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 932Anna_W
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed at the inn for my birthday. What a fun & unique experience!! The inn was set up SO amazing. Very beautiful!! The food portions were huge & very plentiful. It was fun to eat using viking utensils! My boyfriend & I are quiet people, but we love to laugh. So, the Viking made our stay incredibly enjoyable! The Viking was very respectful & not rude at all. I am an extremely sensitive woman, & I was not offended once. You just need to go there with a sense of humor & an open mind. We defiantly want to go back!!! :-) Kyle & Rachel

Room Tip: My boyfriend & I stayed in Odins loft. We loved it! Very romantic! The bed overlooks the inn, but it still feels private.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The B&B was OK- food good, staff strange. Owner was a bit arrogant did not seem to care too much about his customers. The Inn could use a good cleaning- showing its age in many areas. Entrance (yard area) very dirty, Plumbing in room not working properly.We did have a fun time with the other guests- many laughs. He did serve good beers.

Room Tip: There all OK- locker room would be my choice next time (if there was a next time).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RJLEE56
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First the good: the food, decor, booze selection. Now the bad. The innkeeper was incredibly mean. As an inter-racial couple, my partner and I were terribly offended by his racist humor. He made fun of people with cancer and with mental illness, even after I let him know I didn't like it. He made homophobic comments. He was disrespectful of a group of older women who were there with us at the time, having power struggles when they were not interested in his lame show . He made fun of people for their religious beliefs. He runs this inn for his own fantasy and fun. He is upfront about not caring about the guest. We were not given a list of itemized charges at checkout and he was not there to explain charges. For all the talk about "big business" he was sure quick to get his money out of us. For all the disrespect for regulations, he sure had a lot of rules.The show was lame. I made better skits as a kid at camp. Not worth the money. The floor was coming loose in our room. The bath tub was dirty. The bath tub handles fell off. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank M H
Steinarr, Owner at Nordic Inn Medieval Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I normally do not respond to reviews as reviews normally speak for themselves. However this review needs a response. First off we held up the show for this couple so they could join us. They were not here for preliminaries with me getting people used to the humor that entails. Second the ladies that he said that I was disrespectful to sent me an e-mail telling me how much fun they had. Third if your coming to a medieval brew and bed, with the crazy viking as in innkeeper and you can kill other guests and take all their possession but their Kronar and can sleep in a Viking longship suspended over the great room and I answer the phone Nordic Inn Crazy Viking what can I do to ya. when do you get a hint that its not politically correct. By making fun of everyone we make fun of no one. People who take life too serious generally do not like my place. Then again I made a place that pushes the edge a bit and thats how I create memories for those willing to have fun. Also to say I am racist is almost laughable I was part of an interracial couple my son is of mixed race.

The real reason he was upset was because he was presented with charges without knowing the details. I can understand how that would upset one. I did everyone else's bill the night before as I had to go to a Vikings game the next morning and would not be there for the breakfast. They retired early so I could not do their bill. I left it to my staff in training. They were warned to go over the bill with guests before charging them. They failed so I failed in that respect. The rest is really not true but once one is upset they are upset about everything.