“Great hospitality and fun trip”
Review of Voyagaire Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crane Lake
Voyagaire Lodge
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Wife and I have rented boats from Voyagaire two years in a row. In 2007 we went for 5 days (not sure wife would enjoy it). This past year we went for 11 days in late Aug. and early Sept. We had a great time both years and can't wait to go again. Hospitality of the proprieters as fantastic. Lodge is nice, food is good and boats are a blast! The scenery is incredible. It is so peaceful out on the lakes.

We rented 44' Sportcruiser both times. Both boats were in great shape and well appointed for a couple or family.

Had misc petty problems with misc. systems on boat both years (probably self inflicted), nonetheless Voyagaire resolved problems incredibly quickly and efficiently. I can't say enough good things about operation. I would highly recommend Voyagaire to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobTx

Reviewed April 25, 2008

My friends and I rented a 440 and we had the best vacation ever. We got away from the hustle and bustle of the city and really understand what peace and quiet really is, it is a true get away. I am 31 and have always went to Mexico for my vacations and when the houseboat idea came up I kept saying I would rather spend my money on the beach with umbrella drinks. I tell you what, Voyageurs National Park is the Minnesota Mexico. You think that you will miss having room service and your alarm clock? Not up there. You can have live lobster delivered to the back of your boat, along with pretty much anything else. The BEST Carmel rolls too! You do not need an alarm clock because after a day you become addicted to the morning news report. There is a report of the weather, interesting facts about the nature, animal spotting's all on the marine radio. I learned many things about white pines and loons cannot walk on land. Huh, did you know that? At night we all looked forward to the trivia as well. We placed bets on that we will win this year when we skip Mexico and rent a boat at Voyagaire. I would recommend anyone to go on this great adventure. With children or your grandparents, you will be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank lolaEdina
Reviewed April 9, 2008

My wife and I go every fall. We will be on our 26th annual trip in September of this year. We missed only once. We have experienced two ownerships in all this time. I didn't think it could be run any better than the Congdons ran it but the Janssen's (Jim & Gretchen) are every bit as talented and took it over without missing a beat. The only gripe is the trivial pursuit game is not run every night in the fall....what's up with that Jim?

Seriously, these guys run the newest houseboats and offer considerably more service than any of the others. I was referred to this Trip Advisor website when I recommended Voyagaire to a good friend as he noticed some sour grapes from another guest. All I can say is it is wilderness and its not for everyone and if you break equipment you will be expected to pay for it. In my experience I have never heard a rude word uttered by a Voyagaire staff person or owners in almost three decades.

They carry my highest recommendation and I recommend them to my friends and relatives all the time and have never had any negative feedback. Go and have fun!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hipshooter
Reviewed February 22, 2008

I stayed in the cabins they have and it was great,they were very nice.The people next to us ran out of gas in the middle of the big lake and they watched their daughter while they were being rescued.They went out of there way to be nice and helpfull,they even had a guy go with my husband to try and catch fish,it front of one of the ca bins is a little beach that is perfect for kids to play in.I never delt with the houseboat people we rented a cabin

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank karyjune23

Been to Voyagaire Lodge? Share your experiences!