“horrible service, horrible food, the only good thing was the classic cars”
Review of American Motorsports Bar - CLOSED

American Motorsports Bar
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My son loves classic cars, so I thought it would be fun to check out the Wednesday night classic car "show" at American Motorsports Bar & Grill and have a bite to eat. We walked in to the establishment and were ignored for many minutes....at least five. I had to walk into the bar and ask the bartender if the restaurant was open. She said "of course, someone should be in there" and promptly turned around and walked away. I figured we'd just go sit down and see if someone would come take our order, so I grabbed menus and a booth. After ten more minutes a girl walked over - still chewing on whatever it was she'd been eating in the back - and said "whatdaya want to order?". My son always gets chicken and fries, so his order was easy. I wanted a salad and asked which she would recommend. She rolled her eyes, gave me a deep sigh and said, "I dunno, they're all good, I guess". I figured taco salad was pretty safe, so I went with that. The food did come out fairly quickly, but it was easy to see why. The lettuce was wilted (clearly, had been shredded and sat for quite awhile), the salsa and guacamole both came from a can or a jar (which had clearly been opened quite awhile before it was served to me), the olives bordered on rancid and the sour cream was separating. Needless to say, I won't go here again. The service and food were reprehensible.

3  Thank joannef662

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff is very friendly... The food is really good!!! A very pleasent experience!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The place is great for gatherings. The food and spirits are awesome. Very kid friendly

Reviewed February 2, 2012

we go about once a month, usually for breakfast and the food is good, service is fast and pricing is reasonable.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I had here anytime I am visiting Minnesota (my family lives there). Great service, good food, good prices, and the best fries in the area. Just go, try, like.