“Fithly, unfriendly dump... do not stay here!”

Wakota Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Kingston, Canada
“Fithly, unfriendly dump... do not stay here!”
Reviewed August 30, 2008

This is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. If I had not booked through expedia and was not able to make cancelations upon arrival I would have gone elsewhere (that and it was 9pm when I arrived). In fact I may still go elsewhere as I have 3 more nights in town.

The motel smells like a combination of mold and smoke. The clerk at the counter was a ignorant, unhelpful and abrupt person and the manager was no better.

We had booked non-smoking and arrived to find we were in a smoking room. They offered to upgrade us for $68 a night to a non-smoking 'suite'. I initially was going to do this, but when I arrived in the room it smelled like... smoke! That's right it was a smoking room too.

I called expedia, but they would not do anything for us. I will try again as I wouldn't wish this hotel on anyone.

• Liked — Nothing this place is awful
  • Disliked — The staff and manager/owner and the filthy beds!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sixcolors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Back in November 2007 when I was about to start a new job I chose this hotel to stay until our home was ready to move in to. We chose this hotel as it was close to the office and shopping. Initially we were to stay for three weeks, but decided to leave after the first evening.

The reason? A funny odor in the hallways. We didn't smell this while in the room, but every time you left the room to go to work or shopping or just to get outside you could smell it. I believe it was ammonia used to cover up a urine smell as you could sense a bit of both. I mentioned this to the staff the next day as we were checking out (early) and they didn't seem very concerned about it.

Needless to say, it will not be a place we use again, nor will we recommend it to friends and relatives visiting us.

• Liked — Location, it was close to the new office.
  • Disliked — The terrible odor in the hallways that clogged my sinuss and made it difficult to breath.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank grandslambert

Travelers are raving about these Cottage Grove hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cottage Grove
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cottage Grove
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Inver Grove Heights/Minneapolis
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Best Western Plus Campus Inn
Best Western Plus Campus Inn
#1 of 5 in River Falls
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver Grove Heights
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Inver G...
#3 of 3 in Inver Grove Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Paul East
Envision Hotel St. Paul South
Envision Hotel St. Paul South
#1 of 1 in South Saint Paul

Been to Wakota Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wakota Inn & Suites

Property: Wakota Inn & Suites
Address: 7125 80th St S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016-3004 (Formerly Super 8 Motel - Cottage Grove)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Cottage Grove
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cottage Grove
Hotel Class:2 star — Wakota Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Wakota Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cottage Grove Super 8