Tembe Elephant Park Accommodation
$56
$48
$40
  • Pool
Gala Gala Eco Resort(Ponta do Ouro)
$61
$43
  • Pool
Cafe Del Mar(Ponta do Ouro)
Hotels.com
Paraiso do Ouro Resort(Ponta do Ouro)
Jumia Travel
  • Breakfast included
Bayete Zulu Boutique Lodge(Manyoni Private Game Reserve)
Ponta View Hotel(Matutuine)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgame drivesoutdoor showerlocal communitybush babiesthe reservesecond visitbush experiencesouthern africawater holewhole experienceevening drivelodge managerwonderful experienceluxury tentsmassage tentclose encounters with elephantsclose range
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My second stay at Tembe, and I went away loving it even more. A wonderful place to stay, out in the bush, but with plenty of comforts. The staff are friendly and attentive. Game drives are the highlight, with a very good chance of seeing the big 5 close up. The tuskers are spectacular and a real asset to this reserve. Will return again I'm sure. Thanks Tom and your team :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank N_Young47
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have hd the privilege of travelling extensively in southern and East Africa! As a South African, how proud I was to be able to share a Tembe experience with my beloved younger sister who has lived in USA since 1975! Our 2 night stay nowhere near long enough, but long enough to make a difference! We had no time to make the most of a 3rd night there!
Thank you Tom, Bev, Patrick, Vili, Precious and all other staff for a great time!! You made my 70th birthday celebration (all 8 days!) memorable!! Great accommodation in No 1 - right on the fence line! -was more than comfortable, the camp staff service more than obliging and Patrick and Vili a great combination as guide and tracker!! Hats off to the tractor driver who found and returned a camera lost from our vehicle to a foreign visitor who was very aware of our crime statistics!! You made me an even prouder South African! Siyabonga! Your entire programme at Tembe takes a great deal of beating and I can only look forward to yet another visit! PLEASE keep up the standards and make us proud to be South Africans!

Room Tip: Our accommodation was definitely more than a "tent" and we may have been upgraded to a Monarch Suite although I only paid for a Suni!! The tip I got from another TripAdvisor contributor was to ask for a tent a distance from the kitchen!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather C
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to see Isilo - the large tusker, but will definately go back to experience the wonderful hospitality again. The staff are great and the ambiance is relaxed. A highlight was the entertainment by a local choir and just how close up you get to see the elephants - no long lens required!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tembe is a unique experience in many ways. There aren't that many reserves where your jeep sort of drifts on the soft sandy soil, there are few places where you will see such impressive elephants and where there is such an abundance off different landscapes. But what struck us more than anything else was the feeling welcome in a community. This place is run by local people and they go great lengths to make you feel comfortable. Service, guiding, food, ... all is outstanding. and I've never seen so many smiles. What can I say more? We will certainly go back, for the elephants, for the lions, the rhinos, the buffaloes, ... but most of all I guess for the great people of Tembe and for Tom's dinnertime stories.

Room Tip: We booked the Matriarch and had a great room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rudi S
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family of 15 stayed at Tembe for 3 nights in celebration of my husband's 70th birthday. Our party comprised of well travelled South Africans and Australians, rangong from 3 -82 years in age, and we were all impressed by the hospitality and excellent service given to us. Our tented accommodation was clean and very comfortable with ample room and privacy. The meals were simple but tasty with a good variety. Our game drives were exciting, getting up close, ( a little too close for some) with the animals. Our guide Tom was so informative and humorous and we were able to see the Big 5 as well as countless birds and beautiful flora. A highlight was a Wild Dog and Zebra stand-off. Most impressive is the pride that the staff of Tembe have in their Game Park.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have a torch with you if your tent is located near the gate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family