AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
$90
$68
TripAdvisor
$65
All reviewspool areawafflespleasant staybeds were comfortableflat screen tvrecommend this hotel to anyonejacuzzi tubnorthern suburbsstaff was friendlythe breakfast areamncerealcarpetmicrowavemallpropertiesevent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I found the front desk to be friendly however, the woman we encountered upon checkin was unable to provide us with a cot. We understood this and they arranged one for the next night however, 2 friends who were travelling with their young daughter who arrived far later than us were given a family suite which had 2 beds and a pull out and this would have fit 2 grown women better. They had booked for a room too and not a suite. The fact that they didn't look ahead and plan or assign based on occupancy was a bit short sighted. If we had been asked about an upgrade charge, we probably would have taken the larger room.

We stayed 2 nights and on our 2nd night, the room attendant dropped off the cot, changed the towels and emptied garbage but didn't make the beds. Odd combination of cleaning techniques as she also took an empty drink carrier (6 pack) from the bureau even though we didn't put it in the garbage.

Good breakfast and excellent coffee. Lots of selection including yogurt and fruit. Swimming pool was nice and it is a good central location.

Room Tip: Not sure if there is an elevator. We didn't need one but if you need that, you should inquire.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a nice hotel in the Coon Rapids area. Located nicely around restaurants and shops. Property was very clean and the staff was nice. We live in the area but stayed here so we could use the shuttle service for a wedding. The shuttle van was old and dirty and the seat belts did not work. The driver said it was his first day and he drove way too fast and was unsure where he was going. We got there and it was very nice to have the shuttle to and from the wedding, which is why we stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The ? manager or owner was at the front desk-she barely spoke and kept people waiting while she tidied up the desk-two gentlemen wanted to check out and she walked away from them and didn't come back for 5 minutes-one of the men threw his room key on the desk and
left-the woman on breakfast service was excellent and couldn't do enough for you-the room was wonderful-great stay except for the desk clerk

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel about twice a year ,for the past few years. It continues to be everything we expect for price, and have not been disappointed. We ended up getting a suite for slightly more money this time-due to late booking and availability, and it was a very nice upgrade. Staff were very pleasant, and breakfast was also very good. Love the waffles! Thanks from Curtis, the NSX guy from Canada.

Room Tip: upgrade to suite if you are looking for a bit more room, and features...not a big cost difference
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past years, always staying while travelling on business. I live in Rochester and work in Anoka every once in a while. I have tried other hotels in the area before staying at this gem of a facility. I have gotten to know the owners fairly well over the years and I can call in for my reservation, mention my name and they always remember who I am. All of the staff I have come in contact with have been very pleasant. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are very comfortable and spacious. All this, plus free breakfast in the morning. When I come back to work in Anoka again, I already know where I will be staying. I am a happy repeat customer!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business