“My choice”

Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I used to live in Minnesota, and when I come back to visit, I always stay here. It's moderately priced, and I find the staff very helpful. I usually have lots of people coming to visit me, so I always ask to use the community room. The pool is nice and my room is always cleaned well. I will continue to come back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I love to hear that you have chosen us to be your home away from home! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in Minnesota!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel epitomizes why I generally avoid cheaper Marriott properties on my business travels.

When I checked in, despite being Platinum Elite I had to negotiate just to be given a room with a refrigerator in it. You'd think I was asking for a presidential suite as opposed to a basic necessity for a business traveller. Only after Googling nearby hotels and noting that the Holiday Inn down the road was $10 a night cheaper and came with the refrigerator in the room did the front desk person relent and change my reservation to a room with a refrigerator.

Once in the room it just felt like they had done the absolute minimum they could to call themselves a Marriott. Dated furniture, cheap fixtures and fittings, bad 'artwork', one power socket in this day and age, a tiny flat screen TV (at least it was a flat screen I guess). Oh and one night we lost Internet for an hour while I was trying to watch a show on my computer.

In the bathroom, the theme of minimal effort was continued, two bars of basic soap, cheap shampoo and conditioner. None of the other extras many hotel chains in this price range might include. (Tonight I am staying in a similarly priced hotel with another chain, they upgraded me to an executive room and the bathroom has lotion, mouth wash, shower gel, a sewing kit, a little cloth to clean glasses, a refrigerator and microwave, much bigger TV etc. I feel like this property has tried to go the extra mile, and it's in the same area and price range.)

I think the Fairfield is trying, they had a nice thank you letter and bag of junk food as a gift for being Platinum, they had a goodbye thank you letter, and even a follow up email asking me to write this review. But where the rubber meets the road; the room itself, just a little below par in every way. And as such wasn't worth what I paid for the room.

In my opinion, they need to step up their game a little, or step down the prices. And they need to figure out why there is a general musty smell in their hotel and fix it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our property. It is unfortunate that we fell below your expectations. We strive to be the best in every aspect and I apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. Our front desk agent tried to accommodate your request even though we were sold out of that room type that evening. I'm happy to hear that she was able to make those adjustments for you. I have passed along your comments to our management company to see what type of changes we are able to make. We do take our guest comments seriously and use them as a tool to improve. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our room was nice, beds & pillows were comfortable, shower was amazing! Water pressure was EXCELLENT! Price for the room was very reasonable, but there were cobwebbs from the lamps to the night stand and the desk, also the windows were full of spiders. My 9yr old is petrified of spiders! Television was a little poor, every other channel had pictures but no sound. Very frustrating, tried to call the front desk for 2hrs, 6pm-8pm & the phone rang & rang!!!
Pool was nice but cold, the hot tub was too hot to enjoy. Lobby was nice too. Would consider staying again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the lower level, and close to entrance, the location of our room on this particul...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela B

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We always appreciate guest feedback of any kind. Thank you for bringing these areas of opportunities to our attention. We are constantly working on improving any way we can. Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time you are in the Coon Rapids area.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is pet-friendly, clean, and staff was accommodating. I woke up one morning and discovered my SUV battery was dead, and GM and Dir. of HK rose to the occasion and offered a jump start, which was very appreciated since I was traveling on my own with my dogs. Overall, I had a very good two night stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Kathleen R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that you had a such a positvie experience with us! I am happy to hear that we kept our promises of cleanliness and great service! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Coon Rapids area.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Room was pleasant, close to a side door, breakfast was nice. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and never felt clean due to the 'hard water' that we experienced. We never experienced hard water and don't really have that issue in our state so that was our only unpleasant experience during our stay. It was addressed with the hotel staff upon leaving and apparently it had been an issue before as we were informed they didn't realize it was still a problem as they thought it was fixed. I'm glad we were able to alert the front desk but I hate that it took 5 days to figure out the problem and that we felt grimy on our trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

This may be a problem more generic to the MSP area, but prices are unfathomally high. Cleanliness IS the most important criteria, but beyond that, this was just a room (213). The jacuzzi was broken much to my wife's -- and hence, my chagrin.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Simple amenities and clean. Paper thin walls and we had a lit of soccer players staying here.

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Coon Rapids, MN
Best Western PLUS Blaine at the National Sports Center
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Homewood Suites by Hilton Minneapolis-New Brighton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maple Grove - Arbor Lakes

Been to Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids? Share your experiences!