Tripadvisor
Coon Rapids
All reviews front desk cinnamon rolls great hotel long weekend water pressure every morning pancake maker nice breakfast area adjacent rooms desk staff goodie bag under construction twin cities breakfast bar upon check hot breakfast fresh fruit
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here last minute for a family funeral nearby. Exceeded expectations for a Holiday Inn. Place looks recently renovated. The room was very clean and that is something I will make a point of noting as it is really important to me. Mattresses were encased. Can’t comment on the comfort of the beds as I am spoiled by my adjustable tempurpedic bed at home and no hotel bed can compare - but they were in good condition and appeared to be fairly new. Would have liked a few more options for pillows - they were all a bit too flat for me. Bathroom had really good lighting - important for doing hair and makeup. Shower had good water pressure. Room has mini fridge. Got a little goodie bag upon check-in which was a nice touch. Front desk staff were friendly. Overall a good experience.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

Thank you for the level of details you expounded to us on Tripadvisor! The pleasure was definitely ours to have the opportunity to serve you and we hope you will come back to visit us again for future plans/events. We are forever grateful that you chose to stay with us, when you could have stayed anywhere else in Town.

Myriad Amazing Changes are always transpiring at our newly renovated establishment, and we are thrilled that you could share these memorable moments with us. We cherish your Business, Loyalty, and Insightful Input. I will be sharing your lovely reflections about your recent stay with the rest of my Team:)

Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to make ours. Your open and honest comments mean the World to us and we are so thankful that you took the time to discuss your recent stay with us online. Hope you had a great week, and an even better weekend when it rolls around! Take care and we look forward to accommodating you again if you are in our vicinity:)

Reviewed November 15, 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights on business and it felt like a new hotel , appears to have been renovated recently as everything was nice and fresh
Rooms were clean spacious and beds comfortable
staff were friendly and good selection for breakfast , will definitely stay here again

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you! The pleasure was truly ours, and we are elated that you had an enjoyable experience. Myriad Amazing Changes are always transpiring at our newly renovated establishment! We feel honored that you were able to share these memorable moments with us!

We are forever grateful for your Business, Loyalty, and Recommendations! I will be sharing your awesome and insightful input with the rest of my team! We are so blessed to have such wonderful Guests staying with us and we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future for other plans!

Hope you are having a lovely start to your week, and we look forward to seeing your familiar face again if you are in our vicinity! Take care and please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our Affable Front Desk Representatives if you need further assistance from us! We are here to help:)

Reviewed September 13, 2019

We visited this hotel over the Labor Day weekend while visiting a friend in the area.

In staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Coon Rapids, my girlfriend and I experienced a bit of an issue. Upon leaving for the day later in the morning (approximately 11:45am), we noticed a housekeeping cart on our floor as well as when we were getting on the elevator, there was a member of the housekeeping staff getting off with another cart.

Seeing as it was later in the morning, as we passed by the front desk, we made it a point to tell the woman behind the front desk that we were leaving for the day and we’d appreciate it if she could make sure to let housekeeping know that we’d like to have our room cleaned. She responded that she would and thanked me for letting her know.

When we returned to the hotel that evening at around the 8:00pm or 9:00pm timeframe, upon entering our room, it was evident that housekeeping had not been in the room as the bed was unmade and the towels which we had used that morning were still on the bathroom floor. Admittedly at that point I was a little hot under the collar seeing as I requested that our room be cleaned when we had left in the late morning.

We went down to the front desk. The person on duty was named Faheem. I explained the situation to him that our room had not been cleaned and that I specifically pointed out that when we were leaving for the day in the late morning, that I asked that our room be cleaned. He was extremely apologetic, seemed genuinely concerned and offered to move us to a clean room which we declined because that would have been more effort than it was worth. He said that he would discuss the situation with the morning staff and assured us that we would receive a resolution by our departure. He asked if there was anything else that he could do under the circumstances which my girlfriend asked if we could at least get fresh towels for the morning which he replied absolutely and said that he would personally bring them to our room.

Shortly after we arrived back in our room, as promised he brought up fresh towels and took the used towels with him. Again, he was very apologetic and asked if there was anything else that he could do. We told him no and thanked him for his efforts.

The following evening after we returned, Faheem was again at the front desk and said that he had spoke with the staff and basically said that there was no excuse for the situation and once again apologized. He said that he had issued 2,000 points to my IHG Rewards account for the inconvenience. He asked if we saw ourselves coming back to the area in the future and said that he hoped that the issue wouldn’t deter us from staying at the hotel again. We told him that we have a friend in the area that we try to come to visit from time to time and told him that chances were good that we would be back and most likely return to that particular Holiday Inn Express. At that point he offered us a free nights stay in a suite for our next visit which we accepted.

I then asked him for a recommendation for a restaurant in the area telling him that we like to experience local establishments rather than chains. He then asked if we liked Italian cuisine which we said yes and he recommended a restaurant by the name of Buona Sera Ristorante which was a converted house in nearby Champlin. We agreed to give them a try and he offered to call them and set up reservations which he did.

We had just enough time to go back to the room to freshen up a bit before leaving to make our reservation. As we were leaving our room to head out, there were some housekeeping staff near the elevator with one of the women appearing to be some type of a supervisor. She must have seen us come out of our room and asked if everything was fine and apologize for the previous day’s issue. We responded that everything was fine and thanked her.

As we passed by the front desk on our way to dinner, Faheem told us to stop by after we returned from dinner because he had a desert surprise for us.

The restaurant turned out to be a hidden gem with a very quaint atmosphere and outstanding food which we wound up recommending to our friend from the area as she is celebrating a birthday later in the month and will most likely ask her boyfriend to take her there for dinner for the occasion.

Upon returning to the hotel, we thanked Faheem for the recommendation as it was very good. He went into the back room and returned with two single serve packaged cakes and told us to simply put them into the microwave in our room for one minute.

It looks like the hotel has been very recently renovated. The room was very clean and fresh as far as the furniture and accents go sporting a very modern motif. We were on the top floor and I did not hear any noise as far as adjacent rooms or hallways for that matter.

Each morning of our stay we took advantage of the breakfast buffet at the hotel. The woman in charge of the buffet (Kelly) did an outstanding job each and every morning. Each day she would ask to discard our used plates, cups, milk cartons and plastic utensils which in all honesty I don’t think that I’ve ever experienced before. She would also ask if there was anything else that she could get for us and on a few occasions, brought whatever food items that we requested to our table. She deserves recognition for exemplary service.

Upon checking out of the hotel on Monday (9/2), the same woman was on duty at the front desk that I had asked if we could have our room cleaned. She apologized for the issue with the room not being cleaned and said that it was her fault as she must have become distracted after speaking with me on Saturday morning. I genuinely appreciated this as shell took responsibility.

Bottom line is that considering the situation that occurred the entire staff at this location GOT IT RIGHT and they should be applauded. I feel that they went to the extreme in addressing the situation and I’m very appreciative to them for that. I think that this location deserves recognition for outstanding customer service.

Date of stay: September 2019
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to expound the level of details that you did about your recent stay. The pleasure was ours to have the opportunity to serve you! We sincerely apologize about the issues you had encountered during your experience at our newly renovated facility. Overall, we are elated that we could rectify the situation for you in a timely manner. We are also over the moon to hear that this stay will not deter you from staying at our location again for future plans/events.

Please know that we take our Guest Satisfaction Scores very seriously! Your insightful input is imperative to our success and we could not be successful without you. We are forever grateful for your Business, Loyalty, and Recommendations. We look forward to seeing your familiar faces again in the near future, so we can defy your expectations again without any issues to be encountered. Thank you again for reaching out to us and letting us know how we are doing. It is very rewarding when our diligent work does not go unnoticed, even if problems did occur, we are glad that we could make it right from each and every aspect and department in our facility. Myriad Amazing changes are always transpiring at our establishment! So, It is wonderful that you could experience these memorable changes with us. Once again, thank you to the moon and back for your recent reflections about your accommodations. I will be sharing your awesome comments with the rest of my Team.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend, and please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our affable front desk representatives if you need further assistance from us! We are here to help. Take care and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in our vicinity!

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We just stayed here last night. My son's baseball team played in the state tourney out in the horrible heat all day. We didn't get to check in until 930pm. But the manager allowed the boys to swim till 10:30pm, instead of closing the pool at 10pm. That was so nice!! They needed to cool down and have some fun for awhile. This hotel was beautifully renovated recently. It was perfect for us. Comfy beds and pillows. Gorgeous bathrooms and rooms. So modern and cool throughout the entire place. Good breakfast in the lobby in the morning. Thank you Holiday Inn!! It was a great one night stay!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

The pleasure was ours to have the opportunity to accommodate you and your loved ones for the Special Tournament you attended! We are delighted to hear that we could meet or better yet exceed your expectations. Thank you for taking the valued time out of your day to make ours. We are forever grateful for your insightful comments, Loyalty, and Business and hope you will come back to visit us again for future events.

Please know that we take our Guests Surveys very seriously! Your input is imperative to our success and we cannot be successful without you. We incorporate feedback such as yours and others to Enhance our Guests Experience and Sharpen our Customer Service Skills.

Thank you again for taking the time to commend our Team and Newly Renovated Facility. I will be sharing your awesome thoughts with the rest of my staff. Hope you are having a great start to your week, and please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our affable front desk representatives if you need further assistance. Take care and we look forward to seeing your familiar faces again if you are in our vicinity!

Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and even extended our stay one additional night! The new updates to the Hotel were well received and the desk staff and the breakfast staff were so appreciated! We stayed in two rooms and we got upgraded to a suite due to my platinum rewards club status.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2019

The pleasure was truly ours to have the opportunity to serve you! We are elated that you will come back to visit us and spread your recommendations around as well! We are forever grateful to have you as a valued guest, and we hope you won't be a stranger for long. Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing! It is so rewarding when our diligent work does not go unnoticed.

Everyone at our facility works for the same goal in mind, to make sure our guests are well taken care of, comfortable, and safe. We cherish your Business, Loyalty, and Open and Honest Input about your recent accommodations. We look forward to seeing your familiar face again for future plans/events. Have a nice day, Take care, and please let us know if we can be of further assistance! We are here to help.