“Wow, way better than we hoped for!”

Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
GreenLeadersGold level
Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
“Wow, way better than we hoped for!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were hoping for a nice stay somewhere, where the kids could be entertained on a cold January weekend that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. We received way more than we hoped for. Faheem Amini the hotel manager checked us in for under $100. He was very friendly and helpful. It was my birthday so we celebrated, had some pizza and birthday cake, and everyone went for a swim. I was amazed when Faheem presented me with a birthday gift, this extra show of hospitality was beyond the call of duty and I appreciated the kind thoughtfulness.

The pool area was clean, the water temp. was just right, towels were always available and the hot-tub was relaxing. After the swim and hot-tub we watched “The Green Mile” on the flat screen TV in the room. We had a good night of sleep and woke up to a breakfast that was included. It was much more than bagels and cream cheese. There were pastries, fried and pouched eggs with sausage. Milk, juices, muffins, cereals, fruit, toast, bagels, and a waffle maker to serve yourself.

We all had a very enjoyable getaway. I would recommend the Best Western Plus in Coon Rapids MN to everyone and especially to all who are wondering if there is still a good deal in the hotel business. We found that there is. Thank you Faheem & Best Western Plus Coon Rapids. We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FaheemAmini, Manager at Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon to Coon Rapids and the Best Western Plus, thank you for having taken the time to give us such wonderful feed-back.

Yours sincerely,

Faheem Amini
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here twice recently while visiting family. Both times I reserved a very affordable suite. It was like having a little apartment which came in handy because I had family coming by and sometimes an extra person staying on the sofa bed In the living room.
This hotel has FREE Wi-Fi, free hot breakfast, coffee makers in rooms, a business center, clean and pretty nice indoor pool and hot tub and perfectly nice fitness room.
It's right across the street from 3 or 4 restaurants and bars and near several department stores, banks, etc. Also is located just off Highway 10 which will get you anywhere easily in the Twin Cities.
The staff is friendly, efficient, and never treats you like a bother. Like I said, great location, price and service!

Room Tip: The suites are not much more in price than a standard room, are lovely, and can accommodate an extra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FaheemAmini, Manager at Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me to thank you very much for this amazing comment on TripAdvisor following your stay with us! Being compared to the top hotels of the world and reading that you enjoyed our services and amenities is definitively a highlight of this New Year!

Yours sincerely,

Faheem Amini
Manager
Peculiar, Missouri
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Easy to find via GPS device or Google Maps. This is a fairly narrow property located within walking and short driving distance of just about any retail establishment you may need. Well-lit, with ample parking for cars and light trucks. Not really set up for larger vehicles and vehicles with trailers, although you could probably occupy many parking spots along the NW side in a pinch.

Lobby clean and bright, check-in seamless, Laurie at the front desk was extremely courteous, efficient, and helpful (and that Minnesota accent, oh my...).

Hallways clean, no unusual odors. Room spacious, carpeting clean, bathroom clean and well-stocked with fresh towels, bedding clean & fresh, bed comfortable. Mid-sized flat screen TV, small 'fridge, Wi-Fi with good throughput. No unusual noises overnight, no traffic noises.

Typical breakfast fare, check out a little strange; although I do not usually use the "express check out" cards, thought I would try it. Signed the card, presented it at the front desk on my way out and still had to wait for and sign an additional document. No big deal, but what is the point of the "express check out?"

I have found the hotels in and around Minneapolis to be relatively expensive, but will stay at this property again when necessity forces me into the Minneapolis area.

Heads up: the traffic in and around Minneapolis during peak hours is incredible. I-80 south of Chicago during rush hour can be bad, and anywhere around St. Louis and Dallas during peak hours is annoying, but Minneapolis traffic is ridiculous.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FaheemAmini, Manager at Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is our highest priorities and it is always great to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. Thank you so much for staying with us and hope to see you soon!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Last week I was at the hotel and I didn't know much about the area, where to go? where to eat? what to visit? and how to get to where I want to go?
The staff promptness was amazing!!! They created a list with a large variety of places where I could go an enjoy my self, moreover they were so willing to print out directions and give me lots of hints about different things that I could do.
I had few international guests with me and the staff were so culturally tuned to the things that my guests might like to do or places they might like to go see or visit.
I was going to this trip thinking that I will get bored but the staff really helped me out to make it a fun and enjoyable trip. Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pine City, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed for state softball tournement. It was litterally the best hotel that I have stayed in. Chad at the front desk went out of his way to get us the things that we needed. When we thought our fridge didn't work he got another one and was going to bring it to our room. The hotel was beautiful! The rooms were wonderfully clean and great as far as space. I loved this place and will stay here as much as I can.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MaryTourville, Manager at Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thanks so much for letting us know you were well taken care of by Chad, and the rest of our Staff - even more so during the busiest week of the summer! We all enjoyed hosting your Softball Team, and especially that you all felt "at home"... looking forward to your next Tournament!
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Faheem at the front desk not only saved us from a sticky situation, he made our stay a great one. Our reservation at another hotel (country inn) was lost 2 days before our stay, and they did nothing to fix it. Best western not only found us a room they upgraded it for free. The room was clean, the bed comfy, and the service was stupendous. Thanks faheem.

• Stayed July 2012
MaryTourville, Manager at Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and yes - our Front Desk Staff are indeed ready and willing to do what it takes to turn your misfortune into a positive experience! I am grateful that Faheem went the extra mile and took good care of you and your family, as he always does.
Welcome to our Best Western family, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
Comfort Suites
#1 of 1 in Ramsey
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Been to Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel? Share your experiences!