“Woe, the Hotel Service and Amenities are Great”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Coon Rapids
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in September to attend a wedding, The Breakfast was breath taking and the ambience is really wonderful. The staff went above and beyond my expectation. The attached restaurant was great. The best thing about this hotel was the room very very spacious and Pool area is just wow. I am coming back soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben P
Jay B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

We appreciate your comments very much. Our staff is estatic to hear your comments. We are very happy you enjoyed the pool area and breakfast. We work very hard to make sure we have the best breakfast in the area. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Country inn and suites. Wonderful service and if any issues arised the hotel took care of them at the next possible moment. The staff are willing talk to you to make you feel like your their best friend. I've stayed at many hotels for work reasons, because of the staff and the fantastic breakfast layout. This is my favorite hotel of this year!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Lewied9
Jay B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! We are estatic to know we made you feel at home. I am proud of our staff and look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family for several nights. We had read that the hotel was recently renovated, and we were a little disappointed that the renovations to the guest bathrooms were not yet completed (as of August 2012). Everything else looked very good, and the service was excellent. The family enjoyed the pool and hot tub.
We plan to use this location again after the bathroom renovations are complete.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark Y
Jay B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The bathroom renovation will begin in Dec of this year with plans to be completed in the Spring. Guest bathrooms will be receving new paint, tiles, granite vanties, lighting, and mirrors.

We are very excited for to be completed! We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's hard to beat the service Dan, Jay, and Boni provide; they are excellent. And if you seek a northern location away from twin cities traffic, there is a variety of restaurants in this less busy area. The pool and hot tub have unusually extended hours, and a few cookies are put out a couple times a day, though they don't last long. The breakfast was just okay--which Jay tells us he's now pursuing, so I'm betting on improvement. The waffle maker was an upgrade over the usual pancakes, but we just couldn't eat the eggs, and the donuts and danish were a bit refrigerated. You'll find tea/coffee and a small fridge & microwave in the room. An acceptable stay, as a whole. Thanks for noting if this review was helpful.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter much, but rooms to the back face the divided road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank HepAdvisor
Jay B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions. Comments like yours help us improve guest experiences at our hotel. I made sure Boni and Dan heard you nice comments. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was traveling to visit family but just staying for one night. Staff were all very nice and courteous, although I arrived late and it took several minutes for someone to come to the counter. Room was clean and comfortable, good heat and air, fridge, microwave, flat screen tv - everything worked properly. Breakfast was very good - real eggs and very good sausage, waffles. cereals, danish, fruit etc. Great coffee.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JLynne52
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We were honored to have you as a guest at our hotel. We love our breakfast too! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have traveling to Minneapolis for the last 15 years. I have stayed at just about every hotel within a 10 radius of this place, and hands down this was the best experience I have had.

Staff is very accommodating, and rooms have been updated very well.

I think after 15 years of traveling, I may have found my home away from home!

Room Tip: I did upgrade the $20 upgrade for the 2 room suites. It is definitively worth it, especially if you...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank TommyAD
Jay B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2012

Thank you!

Your comments are very flattering.

I think you will be pleased to hear the the attached City Side Bar and Grill is now Open, and the food is great too!

We hope this makes you next experience with us over the top!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed for two weeks (four days each) at the hotel and the staff was excellent. The rooms were clean and I really enjoyed having the extra space of the King Suite. It made home-away-from-home more tolerable. Manager Dan Hathy and also staff member Jay Bhakta were so accommodating! I only had to pick up the phone and they were more than happy to help me with anything I needed. When I find myself in Coon Rapids again, Dan and Jay will be seeing a familiar face. Thanks to everyone at the hotel...they did a great job making me feel comfortable.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Lynn P

Wow! Thank you so much!

We are so pleased that were able to make feel at home at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time!

We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Coon Rapids North Metro Hotel
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Coon Rapids
Fairfield Inn Minneapolis Coon Rapids
Best Western Plus Blaine at the National Sports Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shoreview
Best Western Plus Minneapolis-Northwest

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Coon Rapids? Share your experiences!