“what more could you ask for”
Review of Spring Bay Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cook
Spring Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 8 Specialty Lodging in Cook
North Saint Paul, Minnesota
“what more could you ask for”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This will be our 5th year staying at Spring Bay. i couldn't begin to tell you what a fantastic resort this is. We travel all over every year, and this is the one place we continue to revisit year in and year out. The quality of the resort and all its amenities is only exceeded by the staff and ownership. Where else could you travel to a 5 star location thruout the world and be able to sit down for a meal and great conversation with the owners? it's certainly by far the best in the state of Minnesota or upper midwest. Each year it's like a family reunion( the good kind) with great fishing thrown in to boot. The whole Amundsen family is a blessing from above. i just wish they could own more resorts in the USA, so everyone could experience what we have.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michael g

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you look on springbayresort.com you will see a review I gave there. I know a lot of people use tripadvisor so thought I'd check in here as well.

Great resort is the long and the short of it! My wife and I have been going to different resorts all of our marriage and this ranks up there as one of the best. Steve and his family provide unsurpassed service- with a smile at that! This is a great lake, and this is a great location on it. There are plenty of islands to hide from the wind if necessary and good fishing is only a quarter a mile away. Take the word of an avid fisherman and someone who also likes service that you won't be dissapointed with this place.

The only negative is that some of the cabins are a little spendy, but they still have great Spring and Fall specials and some more inexpensive cabins for the high season if money is an issue. The VALUE however is spot on.

See you up there!

Room Tip: Get the Mason or the McKenzie or the Natalie. But even the smaller cabins are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chessdudes
chicago,illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I decided to go on a fishing trip for the first time with my husband. I must say I was not looking forward to it. I did not expect all the amenities that they had there. We stayed in the Preston. It was absolutely beautiful. It had 3 bedrooms, one bath and a full size kitchen with a dishwasher. It was directly across from the lake. The weather didn't cooperate the first 3 days we were there but that didn't matter. We went out on the lake in one of the resorts pontoon boats. We ate daily at the Landing and of course had ice cream at Moosebirds. Both of these places were within walking distance of the resort. Steve and his family are extremely friendly and very accomodating. Before we left, we checked out the Natalie (good for a larger group) and the Mason. I thought the Preston was great both the other two cabins were just as nice if not nicer. Everyone is town is very friendly and makes you feel like family. I look forward to my next visit. My husband may be sorry he asked me to go with him.

Room Tip: All cabins I saw were great. It just depends how close you want to be to the lake.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalady
Queen Creek, Arizona
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have guests at Spring Bay resort for over 5 years now, can't say enough good about the resort, the cabins and the owners! Cabins are super clean, nice comfie beds, lots of creature comforts, such as wireless Internet, cable TV, some with dishwashers and always a nice hot shower! They often have resort wide BBQ's with delicious food at no cost to the guests....yummy!

We have always felt extremely welcome with resort owners always willing to go that extra mile. An example is the few times we have broken down, radioed the resort and the owner himself has come to tow us home! There are special things about this resort too numerous to mention, so rest assured, you won't be disappointed.

It's located in a quiet bay, with lots of docks, a beach, gas pump, boat launch, fish cleaning house.....and dock help!!

Room Tip: Ask for a newer cabin, but if not available, the older cabins are cheaper and perfect for a small f...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed for a week in the Natalie cabin with our three boys ages 9, 12 and 17. They had a great time! Between fishing, jet-skiing, camp fires, water bikes, swimming and four wheeling they barely had time to sleep! The resort is on a very nice bay on Lake Vermillion. The owners are extremely friendly and couldn't be better! They go the extra mile to make sure your family has a memorable experience. You won't be unhappy with Spring Bay Resort! You also get two hours of complementary guided fishing which my 12 year old loved! The cabins are well taken care of and very clean. With fresh towels and all the kitchen essentials you need. I would not hesitate to stay here. They make it a very nice family vacation!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jtibbs

Been to Spring Bay Resort? Share your experiences!